The mkiv Supra Owners Club

APR bi-plane spoiler

ben_harmer32

Lad!, I asked you for the price, you knew I wanted it and I know it was a few years back but I was even prepared to buy and swap you a newer spoiler for this....... Honestly can't believe you forgot that, you..... And only just yesterday gave me a price then within two hours, approached someone else and sold it

So before throwing ass clown labels around make sure your not an ass clown yourself

Ben you absolutely have nothing to apologise for ( he approached me on Facebook) and I am grateful for you offer to send me a template of the legs so I can fabricate some up myself, top lad, cheers

Threaten you?

No.

Ask you to be man enough to put forward some evidence to support your potentially libellous comment?

Absofuckinlutley you ass clown sonofabitch.

Ass clown lol please be "man enough" to call me that in person instead of behind a keyboard you fucktard.

It's because of people like you I don't bother buying stuff from this forum and give it a wide birth.

Thank you Tyson.

I just wanted to say my piece and then I am done with the matter.

Well, so much for setting the record straight like I asked Steve. Guess I'll do it myself so.

18th, 19th & 20th of February, 2014.

dont supose your getting rid of your APR spoiler anytime soon are you ?

steve

Hey Steve.

I hadn't planned on it mate, it's not that I have any particular fondness for it because of its "pedigree", it's just that it does a particular job and as far as I know it does it well. The fact that it is a proper APR wing means I happy with it quality-wise also.

Thing is, I honestly wouldn't mind swapping it for something similar. The trouble is, to get anything as wide (now @ 67" with the extensions) and as sturdy that will sit at roof level is not going to be particularly easy without dealing with the big (expensive) brands.

Magic me up a GTC300 or similar and I'll happily trade!

If there are any other possibilities you think might work I'd be happy to consider them mate.

Regards,

Damien.

Hmmmmmm do the extensions come off btw ?

They sure do, I only fitted them myself a few weeks ago. Undo the long bolts I fabricated, remove extensions & their polycarbonate endplates, fit original fasteners to standard carbon endplates and you have an original wing within 5 minutes.

wow!!!!! £1,200 or there abouts i could probably get one fabbed up for that

I know mate, I wouldn't pay that for a rear wing in a blue fit!

Which is why I gave you the option of using magic!

Oh well

If it is for a F&F replica you want the wing for how about updating the look a little with the same style wing in carbon??

yeah thats nice but its still a little on the expensive side

Just a heads-up mate, the proper name for the wing I have & you want is the APR Racing Spec GT-II Adjustable Aluminium Wing.

14th & 15th of December, 2014.

hey mate just going through a few old post about supra's and trailers and seen you had an old APR spoiler on the back of a black supe, dont supose you 1. still have it or 2. want to sell it if you do have it ?

cheers

steve

Hey Steve.

I do still have the spoiler mate, but I had no real intention of parting with it as it does the job.

Of course, if there was an OBSCENE amount of money in question then I could be persuaded. But, with my luck, that is hardly the case.

If it is a thing that, for whatever reason, you are desperate for this particular style of spoiler and are willing to replace it with something as lairy and track orientated from a recognised company then I'd have no problem considering the proposal.

Now feel free to tell me to feck off!

Regards,

Damien.

Ha ok buddy I will let you know if i ever find anything as lairy then lol

cheers

steve

Now, at what point in either of the above conversations did YOU offer to replace the wing I had with something similar in exchange, or even make me an offer on the wing outright?

That was the absolute last communication I had from you on this matter, or any other, in the intervening years.

Roll on almost two years later, I open a thread with a title the same as my wing. My situation was mentioned and I happen to confirm this.

Later on I visit my own thread where you have asked for a price on the same wing. I think nothing of you, your name or have any recollection of any conversation we had in the past but you'll find that your latest inquiry was the first to receive an actual price to purchase the wing.

Apparently your asking yesterday was supposed to stir some reminder of our previous discussions. It simply didn't. You may take my word for it on that fact.

I then posted the same price in this thread so both interested parties would have the same information.

You can check the times on all of yesterday's posts to satisfy yourself that I answered them in order of seeing them, so how can you say that I gave you a price and then two hours later gave the deal to someone else? That's just an outright lie.

The deal was done and money was exchanged between myself and Ben before you pm'd to confirm you'd take the wing. Had you been on a little earlier the wing would be yours and it would be Ben that would pissed at me now.

Please contradict any of the above if you want but what I've said is the truth and it can be substantiated so I really don't think I should be forced to see my name, reputation or dealings impugned by you or anyone else for that matter.

Failing a response to argue any further an apology would be nice.

I've already given you several for the fact you had previously asked, but weren't remembered.