The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Filthy Supe transformed

Faye

I am trying to conserve my posts before I have to pay to use this forum, but good lord thats incredible.

May I ask - isnt £1400 a similar price for a respray? Thats how much I was being told to have my MX5 rust done, waxoiled underneath and then a full respray on top. Is there a reason you chose detailing over the full bodyshop/respray option?

I am not saying you should have gone for one however - that car literally looks like the sort of thing that goes on a stand at Autosport.

£1400 won't get you a respray, that will just be a cheap blowover. A full window out respray will cost you anything between £3k to £5k.

£1400 won't get you a respray, that will just be a cheap blowover. A full window out respray will cost you anything between £3k to £5k.

I got mine fully resprayed in the same colour for £1000 and it's a flawless finish and currently enquiring about a full window out respray and he's quoted £2000 unless I go for a stupidly expensive paint which I am thinking about ;)

Huh, I guess it must just be because MX5s are easy to do...

It is a ragtop to be fair, so theres no roof or rear windows to worry about. Perhaps thats why it was a cheaper quote.

The quote was originally to cut out rust in both rear arches, make them nice again and respray the regions which he reckoned would be between 500 and 800 depending on how severe the damage was. I asked then about if I just put a full respray on top and he said because half of the work of respraying is covering/removing all the bits you don't want to spray, the extra cost wouldn't be that much so £1400 was the number I got given. Would have been about a week of work but since the car was bought for £1500 I haven't done anything yet :rolleyes:

Looks amazing.

I've been getting quotes for mine to be done by a local company. I've been advised 2 days for £200. £1400 for 14 days seems about right although I assume there was lots being done to it to make then need 14 days.

4 track days, a wedding car rental, and an engine swap, then a quick trip to the Bangladeshi hand car wash round the corner. :)