The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Daily Driver

brassbones

Used to run mine as a daily for nearly 7 years until I got my current job on the docks I bought a leon cupra just cos I don't want the supra parking next to all that salt water and all the biomass and coal dust flying around it eats paint very rarely use the supra now unfortunately but still enjoy driving it when I can be arsed to get it out the garage with all the stuff I have to move out the way to get it out

As above comments, I also used to drive my Supra as a daily to work and back for the first year or so of ownership, only car I had back when it was still twin turbo.

I have now recently purchased a Honda Civic Type R FK2 2016 and its just awesome as a daily. You can run it normally or put it in race mode for some fun. Although running both can sometimes be a tad expensive haha.

When I bought my Supra back in 1998 it was my only car and it remained my only car till 2003. Ever since then there have been other cars that have taken the strain of most of the miles. I have more cars these days than you can shake several sets of keyrings at so the Supra only does 1,000 miles a year while we have an Audi A3 diesel that does all the long haul journeys and pretty much all of the day work too for me or the wife. Even thinking of buying an electric car for the local commutes and shop runs.

Great replies boys. Good to see several still using it as a daily. I guess mine is an every other day daily!!! As far as practicality, all my x-type has over the supra is mpgs, hence I may swap the x-type for a snotbox with a large boot. Been thinking of an old 1lt agila, but I can just imagine how that would feel compared to the supra! lol. Would I ever actually drive it unless I'm having to park in gorilla town or go the tip?

I am running my Supra as a daily for over two years. I have now started looking at getting a second car/daily.

As mentioned above everyone drives like an idiot most of the time on rush hour lately. Hopefully will help maintain the condition and also get the love it deserves.

I'm finding choosing another car confusing though.

I used my NA-TT 5 speed as a daily for 4 years before selling it and using my 6 speed single turbo as a daily as well... until I had a bad ankle break and had to buy an auto (Honda SMX) to get to work :lol:

I've had a second car since - 2x SMXs and now a mk5 Golf GTI. It's been handy for band practices as my guitar amp is too big to fit in the Supra. I'd have been lost if I didn't have it when it came to getting the Supra resprayed etc. as well.

It is soul destroying right enough and I want another Supra to use as a daily instead and keep the single for weekends. :D