The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Group buy: clear headlight lenses -PhotosAdded

Noz

I have clear lenses from a group buy YEARS AGO from here... you should have lots of interest as I get a lot of people asking about them

the set I had were a pig to fit but look great, a nice mod to have

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/78866229423e569e60654a916bfe4116_zpsgdeaqryj.jpg

Love the look of your Supra mate, The car complements RLY and goes so well, I see clio's with the same colour and doesn't look no where near as good :)

Cheers guys, there are a few different shades of Liquid yellow which I didn't know about at the time so we decided to go for the darker one out of the set.

The number plate not fixed on at all Noz lol it sits on the dash. I was ment to put a flip plate on it but as I have not been pulled for it yet I have not bothered with it lol

I've raised it with the other mods. :thumbs:

Thanks James!

Prices are $500. There's a reduction depending on numbers, all the way down to $400 if we get over 10 people interested.

Here's a few more photos to get you interested while we wait for mod approval;

$400 Is that including shipping and taxes to the buyers door or plus shipping and taxes.

Nope. Purchase price only. I'd still need to confirm shipping costs to UK, taxes and re-post to you directly.

Granted, these are expensive.

But for me, I've forked out a respray, new wheels and if the headlights cost me a few hundred just to finish the car off it's worth it.

All comes down to the difference it'll make to your car. Personal preference.

Surely there must be a trader on this site that can organise a batch in the UK? I've no idea of the process to make these but can't see how they stretch to £300+ for a curved piece of plastic! They do look smart and I would be interested, but not at that price!

Surely there must be a trader on this site that can organise a batch in the UK? I've no idea of the process to make these but can't see how they stretch to £300+ for a curved piece of plastic! They do look smart and I would be interested, but not at that price!

When a forum member used to make them, they were circa £150-£200 a set iirc. The moulds were for sale on the forum a few years ago.

I remember emailing the guy a few months ago, sure he mentioned something about slow turnaround time?

He said if I do place an order for over 10 sets, he'd drop everything and get on with it and process them all within a few days.

If people wish to stipulate a time frame they'd be happy with so we could come up with a group decision for agreement I'm sure we could arrange something.

I'd love them to be cheaper. But he has a niche market, I can't find any other suppliers. I'm half way through polishing a set, so it depends how badly people want a set.

£300+ for some bits of clear plastic !!!! Count me out, jesus. fecking Supra tax in action there.

Not when you have to account for tool making to produce the lenses, the initial cost of high impact clear acrylic/perspex, plus vacuum forming costs then cutting out the lense from its vacuum formed frame within a tollerence so that it looks oem when offered up to the original headlight lense.

Trust me I went down this line to reproduce these exact lenses which im not a million miles off atm, just stuck with time with work and working nights.