The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another reason not to use compare sites

Hitbox Junkie

Well my car insurances became void last night. Apparently I had undeclared modifications added since my last renewal and didn't tell them (I haven't) in phoneD them asking why they have given me 7 days notice. But we got to the bottom of it as it was because I had used a compare website and added different engine modifications such as using a v8 and not the 2jz gte ect and inwas looking for quotes if these mods were to be done. It was because they use the same data base and assumed these mods were fitted to the car but i haven't told them.

I had that a while back. My sister in law added me to her car insurance quote, and wrongly got me confused with her mother who has three points and I don't! THen I get a call from the insurance saying they want more money because I've got points, etc etc.

Went on for ages, but after threatening to leave, they eventually gave in because I never entered the information.

I work for a broker and constantly deal with people that have ridiculously cheap quotes with TERRIBLE levels of cover for their home insurance from compare websites. People fail to understand the cover they're getting, how crap the customer service will be and really just don't know what they're covered for. In the event of the claim 90% of them will have a shock unless you're extremely clued up and go through the policy wording in full.

/rant over.

If anyone wants a good home insurance quote with a very reputable award winning broker, give me a shout. lol

a v8 and not the 2jz gte ect a

Theres your problem you should have your keys taken away too ;)

In all seriousness that is ridiculous to not even give notice. I used to play with potential mods on them all the time. Don't really bother these days, I just do it ring sky and they always sort me out. :D Only ever had to pay more once for adding mods.

Well my car insurances became void last night. Apparently I had undeclared modifications added since my last renewal and didn't tell them (I haven't) in phoneD them asking why they have given me 7 days notice. But we got to the bottom of it as it was because I had used a compare website and added different engine modifications such as using a v8 and not the 2jz gte ect and inwas looking for quotes if these mods were to be done. It was because they use the same data base and assumed these mods were fitted to the car but i haven't told them.

Good luck ever getting insured again having had a policy cancelled :(

Theres your problem you should have your keys taken away too ;)

In all seriousness that is ridiculous to not even give notice. I used to play with potential mods on them all the time. Don't really bother these days, I just do it ring sky and they always sort me out. :D Only ever had to pay more once for adding mods.

Well it was for an idea of a mad max supra but the misses told me I cant so it ended that and there isn't any room at the parents. Also me and the girlfriend are saving for a house (after the my supra is done at SRD). maybe when the house is bought and spare cash il grab and cheap shell, but by that time even shells will be stupid expensive. They gave myself 7 days notice, but it is all sorted now.

Oh wait I've just re-read what you wrote, my mistake, it read like they had cancelled your policy because of undeclared mods as opposed to "gauging interest" mods

:thumbs: