The mkiv Supra Owners Club

uk spec vvti tiptronic

firin Supra

Thanks for the info what i intend to do has nothing to do with valuation as i will never sell it it will be past down so thats out of the equation i just wanted to do somthing different with the supra. Iv not looked into the conversion yet i thought post up to see everyones help and knowledge as i really do want to do the conversion. If someone could provide me with a list of things that could be used to complete the conversion i would really appreciate. As it goes for worth it modding a car is never worth it its all about how and what you want to achieve what someone may see worth may not be worth it to someone else as i already have engine box steering wiring complete aristo wiring even the dash just woundering would the dash fit the supra? Nah only joking prefer supra dash even if it did fit. So to my knowledge on this i assume i need complete supra loom, dials, shifter, supra ecu vvti tt, exhaust downpipe, maybe supra vvti gearbox thats everything i can think of at the top of my head if iv missed somthing please enlighten me thanks for the help so far

You basically want to look for a complete rotten or crashed VVTi Supra, anything less will cause you a major headache as j_jza80 has already said. Also as mentioned above contact Swampy.

What on earth you would want to ruin a rare car like a UK spec by unnecessarily fettling with it in this way is beyond me. Sell it to an enthusiast/collector that will appreciate the car for what it is, buy what you want and put some cash in the bank.

There is no rhyme, reason or benefit to doing this unless of course you like wasting time & money. :)

Wow frank thanks for the input i understand but if i can pull it off it will be even more rare not only that iv already made it clear i will never sell the car so what i wish to do with car and mod it the way i want has nothing to do with you the forum is about helping one another achive thier goels and trading each other knowledge and know how not for the likes of you dictate what i should and shouldnt do at the end of the day its my car not yours i understand why certain people on here are saying what they are yes its a rare beautifull car however i like to be different on the other hand if its not cost effective i will not carry out the swap simple. I hope ive not heart anyones feelings i just dont being told what to do espacially if its not your money and time

Until i dont have a list of things that are needed i want to make my own mind up on that. Its a very similier situation with the guys or girls converting to 6speed its not cost effective you can pick up a 6speed cheaper then the total cost of doing it yourself but you dont hear the rants of its not worth it buy a manual car instead do you! Thats my point each to thier own if cannot help dont post up. Were is goes for cost effective i might be able to pick up the parts cheap enough that it might not cost me hardly anything i already have the main parts that are expensive. J jza80 is your car tiptronic from factory or did you convert and how much was the car if bought? you dont have to be exact if you dont want to.

Wow frank thanks for the input i understand but if i can pull it off it will be even more rare not only that iv already made it clear i will never sell the car so what i wish to do with car and mod it the way i want has nothing to do with you the forum is about helping one another achive thier goels and trading each other knowledge and know how not for the likes of you dictate what i should and shouldnt do at the end of the day its my car not yours i understand why certain people on here are saying what they are yes its a rare beautifull car however i like to be different on the other hand if its not cost effective i will not carry out the swap simple. I hope ive not heart anyones feelings i just dont being told what to do espacially if its not your money and time

Exactly right, it's your car and you go ahead and do what you want to it mate :thumbs: Also it's going to up the value of all other UK specs including mine, with one less original UK spec about :)

I do have couple of things to put to you though, and please don't take them the wrong way as they are not digs. Firstly, putting a VVTI engine in will not make it even more rare, it will just be a UK spec with the wrong engine. Secondly, why would you want to make your car slower? A BPU'd UK car will out pace any BPU jspec car, even VVTI. You engine swap idea is a step backwards in my humble opinion.

Thanks burna you are the man the reason i thought of it is because of it being different but and i had the bits needed not all but the main for the conversion and i do like the idea of tiptronic. The problem lies with me not wanting to sell the car for another supra i love my car too much to sell so will be kept in the family anyhow being original a bpu car is not original a bone stock supra is original but thats just my opinion. I like the way you come on to the forum and all you are getting now is dont do this and dont do that its not like im putting in a v8 or a 1jz oh well there goes the hopes and dreams shattered in one place oh well life goes on :(

If you want button or paddleshifters on the steering wheel, you could install a syvecs S6 plus ecu. At £3500 ish fitted with all sensors etc and mapping it may not seem cheap, but as I said not only will it allow you to have the gearshifters you want, but the car will be more powerful, more economical, you can have various fuel maps, it gives you adjustable traction control, and much more advanced safety features than the stock ecu.

Thanks burna you are the man the reason i thought of it is because of it being different but and i had the bits needed not all but the main for the conversion and i do like the idea of tiptronic. The problem lies with me not wanting to sell the car for another supra i love my car too much to sell so will be kept in the family anyhow being original a bpu car is not original a bone stock supra is original but thats just my opinion. I like the way you come on to the forum and all you are getting now is dont do this and dont do that its not like im putting in a v8 or a 1jz oh well there goes the hopes and dreams shattered in one place oh well life goes on :(

Ah but a BPU car can be turned back to stock easily :) Like I said, do what you want. it's your car, people are just trying to help with putting ideas your way mate.

If you want button or paddleshifters on the steering wheel, you could install a syvecs S6 plus ecu. At £3500 ish fitted with all sensors etc and mapping it may not seem cheap, but as I said not only will it allow you to have the gearshifters you want, but the car will be more powerful, more economical, you can have various fuel maps, it gives you adjustable traction control, and much more advanced safety features than the stock ecu.

Now that would be a far better way to go than an aristo vvti engine.

If you have an UK Spec Auto already, then keep the Gearbox, get a VVTI Lump and a Syvecs. The EU/UK A343E Gearboxes are stronger compared to the Jspec ones. Both gearboxes' Valve Bodies can be modified for harder and faster Shifts too. Combined with a Syvecs and Paddles you'll have a much better, faster and more fun to drive result than with just swapping stock parts over.

As for UK spec vs Jspec Turbos. I'd just get the Turbos rebuilt with steel Turbines. Then the Jspec Units could make more power than EU/UK Units because they are a bit bigger. :)

Thanks canislupus didnt know the gearbox was actually stronger sounds like a good plan though couldent i just swap out the turbos of the uk spec with manny and bolt them up to the vvti? I may go down the route of a single were as before i wanted to keep the twins but turbos have come along way now from they used to be a fast spooling turbo is achievable nowadays. Syvecs ecu will be a must. For dropping in the vvti lump will just need the engine wiring and ecu to start of with?

UK turbos are smaller and less efficient than J-Spec, and UK turbos have a different manifold to turbo stud pattern. You would need all of the exhaust manifold, turbos and turbo to downpipe casting to convert.

Fitting a Syvecs to a sequential is not trivial, I am doing just that at the moment. S6 Plus to VVTi Tiptronic. The Syvecs is to control sequential turbos, Tiptronic automatic gearbox and the fly by wire throttle. Not sure if the customer is mad for wanting it, or I am mad for involving myself ;) He also wants more sensors than were involved in landing man on the moon ;)