The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tempted to make my own range of exhausts

TBDevelopments

I like them :)

It's nice to see something different from the usual HKS copy and I would be interested to hear how different it sounds to the Amuse Ti. I like the rear hanger you designed and it's a nice touch having the backbox as a bolt on option so you don't have to remove the entire exhaust. That is one of the complaints I have with mine. I also hate how low my backbox sits, the way the exhaust exits and the tail pipe itself.

Personally I like an angled box/exit with a stock rear look, like below...

and a slash cut tail pipe like the Nur

Both of those are something I'm looking to have done to mine at some point.

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Image attached. (see edit history)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you take a look at the pictures you'll see on the oem old rubbers it doesn't pull the lasercut hanger tight against the oem bracket like its designed to do. I've ordered some new toyota rubbers and some sightly smaller diameter ones to play around with.

once this is pulled against the mount which is how i designed it the gap will half from exhaust to bumper.

as for sound, it sounds very similar to my blitz nurspec on my tt, same kind of volume but with a nice howl at topend. the car feels to spool faster and doesn't have the torque drop off as much as it did on my old nurspec system

Tim

TB Developments

if you take a look at the pictures you'll see on the oem old rubbers it doesn't pull the lasercut hanger tight against the oem bracket like its designed to do. I've ordered some new toyota rubbers and some sightly smaller diameter ones to play around with.

once this is pulled against the mount which is how i designed it the gap will half from exhaust to bumper.

On my nur spec the two O-ring type exhaust rubbers are crossed in order to get it closer to the bumper. From your hanger design I am not sure this is possible.