The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Life after the Supra.

tony tt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

It’s been a long time since I was on here but finally back on my feet and bought some new toys. Hopefully everyone is doing well during these crap times. Seems once you have a bug for modifying it doesn’t stop no matter what you buy. Well the old truck got sold on and had a few cars in between. Bmw 535D with hybrid turbos 414hp wasn’t bad for a Nazi half track. Moved to an Audi S4 the 4.2 V8 which was okay apart from really awful fuel economy but it made a fantastic noise. Stepped up to the car I have now which is the Supercharged S4 Avant. At last Dyno it was 497.7 Hp but it’s had upgraded software since and I expect its shunted me just over the 500hp Mark now. I have to say it’s the best car I’ve had to date. It’s no iconic mkiv but ticks all the boxes for me these days. Logged a draggy time of 3.6 to 60 with 034 Motorsport’s dynamic launch control which isn’t bad at all. I suppose a few people now have moved on from their Supra days never to be lived again with current prices but must be a good feeling to know your Supra is just going up in value every year. All the best. Keep safe. :)

034 Motorsport’s stage 2+ Duel pulley software  

57.65mm supercharger pulley 

187mm crank pulley 

034 Motorsport’s TCU tune (gearbox map) 

APR Ultracharger 

Merc HX cooler 

Yellow Speed Racing 6 pots front kit. 

034 Motorsports Rear ARB

NGK BKR9EIX 

APR carbon open Intake 

Maxton V.1 front lip 

RS4 front grill 

Eibach pro springs 

Transmission insert 

Red star test pipes 

Full Scorpion resonated exhaust with  AWE 102mm tips  

Judd 311R wheels. 19x9.5 et40 front et35 rear. 

C9C21C85-C309-408B-A921-EA3B3246841C.jpeg

DE934AA4-FCB6-47BA-ADCD-A5F28E82692E.jpeg

349A6816-04C4-4090-85C2-2687F796D321.jpeg

3766204A-D69A-4DB4-A756-40B9E1C1999E.jpeg

2F24CBEF-D388-4924-98BA-51EE6FD88439.png

339B58BC-4C42-4B9E-B442-7FD9F63C4B6F.jpeg

BEA20A83-21CA-47A4-8147-495E71CA03BD.jpeg

On 1/10/2021 at 2:39 PM, AC93 said:

I love Audi estates, proper sleepers and perfect all rounders without all the SUV maintenance costs. Bet that goes well with 500bhp!

My next daily will be a Audi/VAG estate :D

Does everything mate. Don’t miss the Supra at all with it. The traction control hasn’t came on yet it just sits and goes. I love it. 

Hi Tony, I've gone a similar route since selling my Supra a few years ago.

When I decided to sell up we used the money to do some pretty amazing holidays over the following years and then eventually I had to have another car with some grunt to it so bought an B8 Audi S4 (saloon rather than the estate), and it had to be a manual gearbox of course. I also got one of the earlier years so that I pay the lower tax amount each year. Also got a decent bargain with it costing £10,500 with only 49,000 miles on the clock.

The 60% rear / 40% front drive split does mean the car finds it really hard to lose traction and it is a case of having little worry in planting your foot to the floor when you want to go.

Too heavy to be a fun track car but for road driving it is great.

Edited by AJI (see edit history)

23 hours ago, AJI said:

Hi Tony, I've gone a similar route since selling my Supra a few years ago.

When I decided to sell up we used the money to do some pretty amazing holidays over the following years and then eventually I had to have another car with some grunt to it so bought an B8 Audi S4 (saloon rather than the estate), and it had to be a manual gearbox of course. I also got one of the earlier years so that I pay the lower tax amount each year. Also got a decent bargain with it costing £10,500 with only 49,000 miles on the clock.

The 60% rear / 40% front drive split does mean the car finds it really hard to lose traction and it is a case of having little worry in planting your foot to the floor when you want to go.

Too heavy to be a fun track car but for road driving it is great.

I’d say it’s quicker to 100 than the single Supra I had. It’s really quick for what it is.