The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Life after the Supra.

tony tt

Well as some of you know I lost my job in July and still haven't got work. I was forced to sell my Supra and glad it went to a good home with Fosta. He seems to be keen to pamper the car more. Sadly just couldn't keep it and with a new little one it was the only choice to make. So at the moment I've a Shogun Sport to bimble around in and to be honest I quite like it. There's no pressure if it gets dented or scraped and I've no problem taking a hammer to it. Today I rattle canned the bumper black again as the paint was flaking haha I'd never have done that to the car. I'll be back in a Supra one day but for now it's diesel power for me. :D once I've money again I may do something silly like try drop an Evo engine into it. I think when I'm going the Supra route again I'll be after a ready built car so I can just drive and enjoy. Don't fancy waiting on it being built or sent away with any luck when the time comes the right car will come along.

How is work going on mate?

Still nothing bud. Major downturn within overhead lines up here just now. Nearly every company is going through a restructure or there's redundancies. Can't really go and work away from home either with the wee one so I just need to wait and see what turns up. All yeh redundancies from the oil industry hasn't helped as there's additional thousands looking for other work too. Something will turn up though it always does bud.

- - - Updated - - -

There is something about that sort of look I have always liked, I even thought of buying a Frontera once.

I hope that Frontera thought didn't last long. I thought they were awful things mate.

Hopefully something will crop up soon Tony. Just 6 years ago, I was in the middle of an 8 month stint without work. I now own 25% of a thriving business and couldn't be happier to see the hard work pay off. Glad you want to go back to Supras. Not sure if I will ever go back but I will always have a soft spot for them.

H.

Hopefully something will crop up soon Tony. Just 6 years ago, I was in the middle of an 8 month stint without work. I now own 25% of a thriving business and couldn't be happier to see the hard work pay off. Glad you want to go back to Supras. Not sure if I will ever go back but I will always have a soft spot for them.

H.

Thanks H.

Sorry to hear that Tony, I am sure something will come up soon, good luck in the job hunt :)

I have to admit that life after the Supra isn't as exciting, I have gone with a BMW 645 for the practical weekend car and although it is nice it just doesn't have the charisma fun the Supra does.

Sorry to hear that Tony, I am sure something will come up soon, good luck in the job hunt :)

I have to admit that life after the Supra isn't as exciting, I have gone with a BMW 645 for the practical weekend car and although it is nice it just doesn't have the charisma fun the Supra does.

Cheers Abz yeah something will turn up. :) I want to get another Supra but when that will be I've no idea. I'll only buy one if I can buy it outright and I don't get into debt over it.

Man that SUCKS about work, bro! Very sorry to hear that.

Thanks.

So when are you returning to a supra :eyebrows:

Cheers Abz yeah something will turn up. :) I want to get another Supra but when that will be I've no idea. I'll only buy one if I can buy it outright and I don't get into debt over it.

Thanks.

Also congratulations on becoming a father too! ;)

So when are you returning to a supra :eyebrows:

Most likely 2/3 years time once my daughter can get into a booster seat, in the mean time I'll be trying a few different cars. :)

Would be great if I could buy my old one back!

I almost lost my job just 3 weeks ago, I work as a Navigational Officer/ Dynamic positioning officer on a Dive Support Vessel, we lost 8 guys (5 from uk) oil and gas industry isn't doing to good just now...but cheaper fuel though!

Hope you manage to get back to work though, my last work drought was back in 2009, it's not a nice feeling.

I almost lost my job just 3 weeks ago, I work as a Navigational Officer/ Dynamic positioning officer on a Dive Support Vessel, we lost 8 guys (5 from uk) oil and gas industry isn't doing to good just now...but cheaper fuel though!

Hope you manage to get back to work though, my last work drought was back in 2009, it's not a nice feeling.

Cheers bud. It's pretty hellish that's 4 months now and coming up to Christmas too. Not the best at any time but just hope something happens soon. It's will I'm sure though but it's the unknown that plays on the mind a lot.

Cheers bud. It's pretty hellish that's 4 months now and coming up to Christmas too. Not the best at any time but just hope something happens soon. It's will I'm sure though but it's the unknown that plays on the mind a lot.

Yea, definitely, I was saying to my Mrs that I felt a bit silly for spending 'X' amount on the Supra out of our Savings...mine would have been up for sale if I'd lost my job!

Hang in there though bud, you'll be in a Supra again soon! [emoji106]

Yea, definitely, I was saying to my Mrs that I felt a bit silly for spending 'X' amount on the Supra out of our Savings...mine would have been up for sale if I'd lost my job!

Hang in there though bud, you'll be in a Supra again soon! [emoji106]

Cheers bud. With any luck.