The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club stand at time attack at croft August 22nd

paulj1

Il be suprised if it takes longer than that, its a couple of days work at the most, especially for a setup like jurgen has at Jm

Aye that's what I'm hoping for, can't wait to get rid of that pap autobox! Knowing my luck there will be something wrong.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye that's what I'm hoping for, can't wait to get rid of that pap autobox! Knowing my luck there will be something wrong.

Autobox is class! You just have to know how to thrash it, takes abit of getting used too, cant argue that id have a 6speed in mine like haha,

BUT I love the auto tbh plus burnouts are a piece of piss :D

I suppose so like, mine insists on going into 4th gear every time I come off a round about doing like 20mph max! A prefer manual so much more, autobox takes half the fun out of driving it

I'll be honest with you I've never even attempted a burnout mate I'm scared incase I break it haha

I suppose so like, mine insists on going into 4th gear every time I come off a round about doing like 20mph max! A prefer manual so much more, autobox takes half the fun out of driving it

I'll be honest with you I've never even attempted a burnout mate I'm scared incase I break it haha

Manu mode stops unnecessary change ups, holds the gears so it wont change up, will allow you to bounce it off the limiter as much as you want and for going into 4th just turnoff the Od ;), these boxes are strong as out mate ive smashed mine everywhere for 5yrs now haha, im fitting a cooler tomorrow like so i can smash it even more :D

Manu mode stops unnecessary change ups, holds the gears so it wont change up, will allow you to bounce it off the limiter as much as you want and for going into 4th just turnoff the Od ;), these boxes are strong as out mate ive smashed mine everywhere for 5yrs now haha, im fitting a cooler tomorrow like so i can smash it even more :D

Yeah I know what you mean like, but if I'm in manu mode I'd much rather have an actual manual! Maybe if it was a 6speed autobox instead of 4 I'd be tempted to stick with it. Where and what is O/D like?

Aye av heard all the boxes are bulletproof! Mine will be up for sale shortly if you need any spares! Aswell as the prop and diff and everything else including two mint condition facelift front seats!

Yeah I know what you mean like, but if I'm in manu mode I'd much rather have an actual manual! Maybe if it was a 6speed autobox instead of 4 I'd be tempted to stick with it. Where and what is O/D like?

Aye av heard all the boxes are bulletproof! Mine will be up for sale shortly if you need any spares! Aswell as the prop and diff and everything else including two mint condition facelift front seats!

Is yours vvti? With the stupid buttons on the wheel? If so aye its shite lol its not the same as the prefacelift at all, i agree it could do with atleast one more gear, but for the short thrashes that i do its ideal, the od (overdrive)button on miine is on the side of the gearstick im unsure on the facelift version tbh, basically turning overdrive off removes 4th gear, its really only a motorway gear tbh,

my supra was a 6speed like, if i go single in the future i will put a 6speed in so i can run bigger power, when i reshelled it i had so much to sort i couldnt afford to put the 6speed in, so i did a manual to auto conversion :D the only supra ever to go backwards haha

Yeah mate it's a '99 VVTI with the shite buttons haha. Ahh right, mine has a little red button with some japanese writing underneath it on the top right hand side of the black plastic trim where the auto gear lever is, looks like a missile launcher button ha, I press it though and it does nowt, no lights on the dash or anything show up.

Haha aye that's the first backwards conversion ive ever heard of! I'd rather have the 6speed and no shell ha

Yeah mate it's a '99 VVTI with the shite buttons haha. Ahh right, mine has a little red button with some japanese writing underneath it on the top right hand side of the black plastic trim where the auto gear lever is, looks like a missile launcher button ha, I press it though and it does nowt, no lights on the dash or anything show up.

Haha aye that's the first backwards conversion ive ever heard of! I'd rather have the 6speed and no shell ha

The red button allows you to select a gear with the engine off, so you can move it in Neutral if its broken haha

Missus crashed me supra so i reshelled it, otherwise the old one would of been a little further on, i couldnt wait to get it back so spent money on everything but the engine and box, swapped those back in, cause i know they are going to come back out in the next year or so anyway, shame im skint at the min or I woulda bought crocks 6speed kit

I didn't dare press it when I first got the car haha

No way!!! Your missus still in the bad books? That's fair enough like bet you couldn't wait to get it back on the road.

I know mate it's a shame the box is clunking it I would have bought it. I've had to get loads of new gear from Toyota raping my bank balance im sick

I didn't dare press it when I first got the car haha

No way!!! Your missus still in the bad books? That's fair enough like bet you couldn't wait to get it back on the road.

I know mate it's a shame the box is clunking it I would have bought it. I've had to get loads of new gear from Toyota raping my bank balance im sick

Haha Na she gets plenty of stick for it from everyone thats punishment enough ;) its a good buy for the price cant believe it aint sold yet tbh, aye toyota like a few quid like

Ooh back roads means no A1 50mph speed limit and more fun :D:D

- - - Updated - - -

1. Paul(paid)

2.t_bone(paid)

3.Karl(paid)

4.Crock(paid)

5.robby a(paid)

6.c12mmo +1 (paid)

7.Dave Bean (supercharged rx8)

8.Phil

9.big John

10.Nezz92 +1 (paid)

11.Bizzyfingers(paid)

12.Safcdixon(paid)

13.mclrarenross(paid)

14.supraufo (potentially)

15.jayjay1374(paid)

Edited by paulj1 (see edit history)

Would Scotch Corner services be ok for a meeting place on the morning so I can dish out tickets? If anyone has any other suggestions please say as I don't really know that part of the world very much

should be fine what time we thinking?

shame I have to drive past my turn off for croft to then come back on myself