The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club stand at time attack at croft August 22nd

paulj1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paint is terrible, engine lacking in boostage, bushes are wrecked, I hate the auto box, the engine bay has random wires going everywhere, the underside of the car is rusted and the bay looks like jack the oil slasher has been in there. I'm just unhappy driving it mate. I'd had it booked in for paint on the rear quarters and bonnet but decided it isn't worth getting it done before all the mechanicals are sorted out first, I've cancelled insurance and sornd it. It's not coming out until I'm happy... May take a few years but it will be show quality when it does.

Paint is terrible, engine lacking in boostage, bushes are wrecked, I hate the auto box, the engine bay has random wires going everywhere, the underside of the car is rusted and the bay looks like jack the oil slasher has been in there. I'm just unhappy driving it mate. I'd had it booked in for paint on the rear quarters and bonnet but decided it isn't worth getting it done before all the mechanicals are sorted out first, I've cancelled insurance and sornd it. It's not coming out until I'm happy... May take a few years but it will be show quality when it does.

Thats a big list! By the time you factor in everything engine, paint, suspension parts would you not be better selling it on and buying a better condition one as a starting point?

Nope, my thought is I don't need the car right away, I've wanted a project car for the past 10 years and now I have one. If it takes years to do then so be it. When I'm done the car will be new all round. If I bought a one which is in good order I'd still want to do everything to it so by starting on a base which is rock bottom price because everything needs done then that is better for me. When it's finished it will be exactly how I want it and know every nut and bolt which is on the car rather than buying someone else's work and forever wonder what lurks beneath.

Well good luck with it, if you need a hand/advice from us locals dont be shy ;) still get yourself along to some meets while the cars laid up dude nowt like a bit of motivation to push you forward,

I been there a few times with bodywork/suspension/ then crash issues with my old supra shell (which im now rebuilding again for me dad) I ended up reshelling it as the condition required a big overhaul with alot of time off the road,

its defintley good to know everything has been done to a good standard rather than trusting poeples word for it.

Thanks Mark payment received

1. Paul(paid)

2.t_bone(paid)

3.Karl(paid)

4.Crock(paid)

5.robby a

6.c12mmo

7.Dave Bean (supercharged rx8)

8.Phil

9.big John

10.Nezz92 +1 (paid)

11.Bizzyfingers(paid)

12.Safcdixon(paid)

13.mclrarenross(paid)

14.supraufo (potentially)

15.jayjay1374

Edited by paulj1 (see edit history)

Hope your going to do a build thread Gavin I do love a good read if your coming on your bike you can chuck helmet in back of my car save you carrying it round for the day

It's not a build thread as such, I've created a thread called bizzyfingers supra rebuild. It's nothing special atm.