The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I hate ebay sometimes!!!!

Supra_Nish

Guest gzaerojon

I always ask for a buy it now, then if they agree, i ask if they want to do it outside ebay, they're normally ok with it as it saves money.

i lost a pair of tft 19" monitors the same way, it was snapped up less than 60 secs after he changed it to buy it now for me. he had 10 more though so now i run twin 19"s :D

unlucky dude

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gzaerojon
id of told buyer to piss off and leave bad feedback :D

As far as i know no one has sued anyone yet because of not giving an item when money hasnt changed hands.

And Ebay cant be legal document as it can be altered. The only form of Legal sending of Data is by Telex. This is a fact as i worked with it for 4 yrs. Fax,email, web none of it is legally binding in court of law.

Ding Ding Round 3 ;)

Fax is legal, im a service engineer and work on em all day.

its to do with the data cannot be altered between sending and recieving.

thats probably the only real reason left for companys hanging onto them,

the second the law changes i'll taking straw hat weeving :sly:

Fax is legal, im a service engineer and work on em all day.

its to do with the data cannot be altered between sending and recieving.

thats probably the only real reason left for companys hanging onto them,

the second the law changes i'll taking straw hat weeving :sly:

Legal yes...but as it transmits down a telephone line is often to be said that it can be tampered with in court,as a telephone line can be hacked. But im not totally clued up on Fax so ur prob right:D

Anyway Ebay...not sure where it stands :rtfm:

P.s Got some straw if you want it :D

Guest gzaerojon
Legal yes...but as it transmits down a telephone line is often to be said that it can be tampered with in court,as a telephone line can be hacked. But im not totally clued up on Fax so ur prob right:D

Anyway Ebay...not sure where it stands :rtfm:

P.s Got some straw if you want it :D

i guess. if i cant fix em by home time i'll just feed em a load of bull to get out the door :run:

then im home workin on the sup, not driven it in a month... mot ran out so had to sort a few bits :(

better bloody pass

Oh no, this thread is still not dead!

ebay does carry legal obligation in every sense of the word, check out the t&c's

When you click on "buy it now" or "win an auction" that is the same as walking through the checkout at a shop, the only difference being that the goods and money may be be physically exchanged at a later date - thats the practicality of online trading of course. The goods are still legally yours and the money owed is legally the sellers, it's a contract between you.

Would you hand your purchased goods back to another customer at a shop because they moaned it was the last one on the shelf and they saw it first, very unlikely. imagine this at say a supermarket. If you did it would be your choice but at the end of the day no ones going to think badly because you didn't, for whatever reason.

To Merkx - Well if the seller was happy to sell them at £70, which he obviously was then I also could have negotiated that price, doesn't really make any odds. The only thing was that Nish and I avoided a bidding battle which most like would have doubled the price and one of us would have ended up paying a lot more...

It's all fair and square at the end of the day, the seller did mess up, as did Nish. What should have happened was that the seller told Nish he missed the boat (by taking his eye off the ball) from the start and this whole sorry situation would have been dampened from the start.

ebay does carry legal obligation in every sense of the word, check out the t&c's
Nope. eBay's T&Cs have no legal standing whatsoever. Nobody has ever been sucessfully taken to court in the UK for breaching those T&Cs.

Having said that, I'm totally on your side. Seems like you played by eBay's rules and Nish didn't. I can understand him being peeved at himself and the seller but not at you.

Really, well I never knew that, I'll have to look into that further then. If it has no "legal standing" then I'm very surprised but then that means it relies even more on people sticking to the rules and the "principles of it" of it in order for it to work for everyone.

TBH I'd never attempt to take it to that level, who would. The worst you probably risk is getting bad feedback or getting your account removed. Depends if you value your account I guess, some people do.

Thanks for the suport though :)

You can have a mutual agreement between the seller and buyer for not going ahead with the sale.

To Merkx - Well if the seller was happy to sell them at £70, which he obviously was then I also could have negotiated that price, doesn't really make any odds. The only thing was that Nish and I avoided a bidding battle which most like would have doubled the price and one of us would have ended up paying a lot more...

I realise it's possible for you to negotiate the same price, but I also think Supra Nish deserved to get them as he did the work in getting the price set at £70.

Don't blame you for bidding on them though, bet you couldn't believe your luck! :D

The seller has to accept most of the blame!!! :thumbdown