The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I hate ebay sometimes!!!!

Supra_Nish

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel bashed, only you and one other have continued to hold your minority view :p

as far as I'm concerned it's done and dusted, but I will justify my position to anyone who thinks it's not correct.

You will find some more, heck there were some on there just a month or two ago, move onwards, not sideways! :)

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS people you need to lighten up !!

At the end of the day, this is the sellers fault...........he relisted them on a simple BUY IT NOW option that ANYONE could take advantage of. Chilli sat down, logged onto ebay, saw a bargain and snapped it up as would anyone else. Anyone who says "nah i would have given them up for £70 in the name of the forum spirit" is full of shi* its that simple.

ANYONE who got those brakes for £70 would have been over the moon and i think theres getting to be a little too much back biting and niggling on here of late.

Supra Nish - I know you would feel pi55ed off cos i would feel the same, but at the end of the day, you agreed a price and the guy decided to RELIST the brakes for the price of £70. He didnt stipulate to yourself only, so ANYONE is permitted to buy them,

Chilli did.....good on him..........i would have done the same, its a steal.

Its got NOTHING at all to do with all this TOSH about forum spirit blah blah blah, Ebay is a free market for all public members. If someone came up to you and said......here.....have my UK Spec MKIV with 20k miles and £10k worth of extras for £5grand......and you took it.......then you found out another forum member was interested, would you then sell the car to him and go without ? No !

Anyone who says they would is full of it!

At the end of the day its a free economy, people buy and sell on this forum and on ebay as they please.......and as has been said above...."you snooze you lose"

Seller was at fault, end of......an innocent mistake.

Supra Nish missed out and yeah thats a shame, but next time he will be the one who wins and someone else misses out,

Chilli won the items fair and square, used Buy It Now....well done to him.....

Ebay has rules, and they dont include "if someone from your forum community wants the item you win....you should really sell it to them out of courtesy" :rolleyes:

At the end of the day Chilli got a deal, and if he wants to keep that bargain, then NOBODY has any right to flame him for it, if he doesnt then thats his choice, but i know for one if it were me who lost out yeah i would be gutted.....but hey......THATS EBAY FOR YOU. PERIOD.

None of this community spirit / forum courtesy rubbish please, thats all just a little "guilt trip" going on there. The guy bought an item on a legitimate open auction......if someone else wanted it.......tough. You didnt win it. (not aimed at you Nish as your a top guy) just in general terms.

Theres too much hypocrisy (sp) on here.

Thats my tuppence worth.....well done Chilli. Hard lines Nishy Boy - am sure it will come round full circle soon tho. ;)

PS.....Erm i wanted them too.....so erm....cough cough, in the name of community and forum courtesy i think you should let ME have them Chilli....cough blackmail cough guilt trip cough ;) :eyebrows:

Well said!! I agree with all of that!

I also agree that the fault could be levelled partially at the seller, but he then got caught up in an awkward situation for which I do feel for him and nish, but who would have felt for me if I'd have given them up out of some sort of good will gesture...

lol yeah we should lighten up a bit (a lot) but I don't appreciate the guilt trip attitude at all. I may be a newcomer to this forum but I think I have as much "forum spirit" as the rest of you. I have to stick to my principles, even if it means being ostracised by certain members, what kind of man would I be if I didn't! TBH it's got little to nothing to do with the forum and it's spirit anyway...

Anyone who says "nah i would have given them up for £70 in the name of the forum spirit" is full of shi* its that simple.

None of this community spirit / forum courtesy rubbish please, thats all just a little "guilt trip" going on there.

Theres too much hypocrisy (sp) on here.

So I'm full of shit, a hypocrite and talk rubbish all because I'm a genuine and honest chap who believes that a club is supposed to be a friendly community that tries to help each other out?

In this situation I'm happy to be in the minority - better to be the nice guy.

lol, well hypocritcal behaviour may make you feel high and mighty but at the end of the day you won't find it convinces many people and I'm one of them.

I don't need the tissue because I am completely not bothered. I'm a touch non-plussed by this thread but at the end of the day I'm more convinced now than ever before that I did the right thing.

Get over it!

I think club spirit works up to a point, I would have been prepared not to bid if I had all the details to hand before making the decision, not afterwards - thats quite a bit of club spirit but there is no need to take the piss out of ones self in order to be a good citizen!