The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why is the British navy running a ferry service for illegal immigrants?

Chris Wilson

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What utter rubbish, are you talking from person experience?

I grew up in Tower Hamlets and saw this change from a rough area to the fantastic place it is today. We generate billions of pounds in revenue with the business in Tower Hamlets and provide jobs to thousands upon thousands of people across the country. Fair enough buying a property here will cost you £500k for a small 3 bedroom house but it isn't for everyone.

It is one of the most diverse places in Britain, like any City (and I have traveled to a LOT of cities). An a brilliant place to live for everyone, so please pipe down with spreading your rubbish.

Much of London is awful, and Tower Hamlets is one of the worst areas. Look at the crime statistics for example, which increase where other areas of London, and the rest of the country are falling.

I'm sorry to say this about the place you grew up, but if you think it is nice or even okay, you need to see more of the country. It is one of the worst areas I've visited in the UK.

The old Polish lorry drivers are cashing in big time now, speaking to an old boy over the road earlier has shocked me.

He was out with his dog the other evening and a 'foreign looking' guy approached him, starting talking in foreign language that the old chap couldn't understand, another 'foreign looking' chap then appears rattling on in his native lingo.

Well, after a few minutes a police car comes screaching up, the two 'foreign looking' guys scatter, the Police catch and arrest one. When the old boy asked them what's happening they said that five had travelled in the back of a nearby Polish lorry, they only caught the one and according to them 'It happens all the time now'.

Apparantly the Polish crooks are taking the chance that they get caught one in ten times, pay the fine and yet are quids in as they charge the illegals for 'hiding' in the back of their lorries.

The downside is these people are illegal immigrants, rapists, criminals, who knows?

Hogmaw, please give me your address and phone number to pass on, you can stick them in your spare room as you're so concerned, it'll make you feel so good about yourself and keep the crime rates down in my neighbourhood ;)

Much of London is awful, and Tower Hamlets is one of the worst areas. Look at the crime statistics for example, which increase where other areas of London, and the rest of the country are falling.

I'm sorry to say this about the place you grew up, but if you think it is nice or even okay, you need to see more of the country. It is one of the worst areas I've visited in the UK.

Got that right, if i go up town now (London) cant stand it. Mind you don't like London much either:D

Goes to show regardless of colour all politicians are the same.

Ah! Ello to a fellow East Londoner ;)

We lived in Mile End around 1990, Dad was offered to buy the 3 bedroom flat we was staying in for £35k & he refused it saying it was too expensive. That recently sold for £350k :blink:

Dont understand it, house prices up there are unbelievable. Not the East End i grew up in & loved that's for sure, I blame Thatcher:D I go back a bit further than you i'm afraid:( 60's & 70's, lol. The changes of seen:d

Now they're dropping from the damn skies... So much for airport security. Pilots should be made to open the landing gear hatches over the sea, I hate unexpected visitors!

Instead of raining frogs it's raining ....... :D