The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone insured by Directline ?

supra steveo

Ive just had a quote for £250 online, so phoned them and they then gave me a price of £270 with NCB protected for the year :D chuffed?? yes just abit, told them about the exhaust and FMIC and they seemed happy to keep the price at £270, considering Sky couldnt beat this as their quote for the year was £570 I won't be renewing my policy with them........ sorry guys

Just wondering if anyone has had dealings with them in the past ?

I've got my non-supra daily driver insured with them, and have done for many years. I can't remember if I've ever had to claim on the policy (if I have, it was many years ago). They seem fairly flexible and easy to deal with for trivial admin things.

Are you sure you've got a quote for a Jspec mk4 supra, and not a UK spec or a mk3?

Unless you have an agreed value policy it will be insured at market value so you might have to fight

a bit to get anywhere near £10k

I always insured my mkiv getting an agreed value then there's no dramas should the worst happen, i've just

done the same with the Range Rover that i've restored, that's insured with Admiral with a written agreed

value shown on the policy

Direct line won't be insuring the car :( seems that because Toyota didnt do the transmission conversion or engine swap they wont insure the car .................... GAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! even tho I selected the car as manual and turbo'ed its a change in what spec it was when it rolled out the factory

it is now............... 10K should build another car ........ right ??

what do you think its worth

Basically its an SZ aerotop with a Jap spec TT engine and a V-160 box , Bomex kitted with a TRD bonnet and facelift headlights , HKS superdrager exhaust with a set of 18" racing hart M5 alloys

Edited by supra steveo (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bungle

Currently with Direct line. Their renewal came through a bit pricey though so had a better quote from Sky Insurance and will most likely be going with that. Have to say though, been happy enough with direct line for the past 10 years or so. they usually get pretty close to the mark on the price. Just not this time unfortunately.

Currently with Direct line. Their renewal came through a bit pricey though so had a better quote from Sky Insurance and will most likely be going with that. Have to say though, been happy enough with direct line for the past 10 years or so. they usually get pretty close to the mark on the price. Just not this time unfortunately.

Have you told them you've had a better quote, might be worth a try if you wish to

stay with them.

There isn't usually much of a reward these days with staying with the same company no matter

what service they provide