The mkiv Supra Owners Club

is the reg worth anything?

ashbuster

i dont get why having no mot would stop swapping the plates.

i wont be able to get a mot for my car now as its being stripped so what happens with the plate?

Unfortunately the plate is lost as things stand.

However, theoretically if you knew a friendly garage they may help you out if you grease their palm.

I'm afraid, if the cars been off the road a while then the plate is lost with the car. There's no way to get the plate off without a MOT and subsequent Tax and insurance.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Much more valuable plates have been lost in this way, so wouldn't worry much about this one.

apparently doesnt need mot as long as its sorn i think thats what these 2 pages are saying.

others have done it no problem. i guess if they refuse they dont take our money

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=10&t=1367807&mid=0&i=20&nmt=Personalised+Plate+SORN+Mistake%2C+Please+Help&mid=0

As long as you have only sorned it within the last 12 months you should be fine.