The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra insurance claim against Lady reversing still ongoing, any further advice?

supra_24

Its def not a 50/50 in my eyes, however, from experience an insurance company may try and argue that you didnt leave adequate distance at the traffic lights and she would have had room to perform her maneuver if you had of. If they do take that stance theres not really much you can do and you'll get what they give you which is why i was saying to limit your loss where possible. Also there may be an issue if your own insurance company is not aware of the fibreglass panels and fmic and other mods ( i dont know if they are or not im just saying)

Im insured with adrian flux and I have made them aware from the start that the body kit is fiber glass which they have recently spoke to me about and they also know about the larger front mounted intercooler.

With the photos at the scene I took, they show that there was a fair space between myself and her car.

Not sure why they would claim adequate space, considering she would have been in the wrong for reversing at a set of traffic lights in the first place, where you are only allowed to turn right onto the main road.

I dont think you need a new bumper though, why would the body shop not just glass it back together. Its not even that bad and if your intercooler is not punctured and only has a few bent fins i think you are taking the piss a bit tbh. I do agree its entirely her fault but by wanting a brand new bumper and intercooler you are making your situation worse

Don't think his taking the mickey at all. If I have something new and it is damage by someone else through no fault of my own, then why should I have to compensate for some ones irresponsibility.

I dont really see how im taking the piss to be honest. Seeing as after all I have just spent £2500 on a respray and fitting of a new kit. £700 on a new front mounted intercooler and fitting plus the remaining £14,000 I spent on restoring this entire car for someone to then reverse into me at a set of traffic lights.

prior to it being hit, it was all brand spanking new, so I have every right to ask for compensation.

The bumper has been fully inspected by my body shop who I have gone to for years now and when they saw the damage, they said they could try to repair it, but could not guarantee there work as it may start to show cracks in those areas again over time.

Im just being honest about the damage that was caused after I was hit.

Too right, if I forked out on new work/parts then had someone damage them, id want them replaced back to how they were (BRAND NEW). Not like they are original 18+ year old parts. Hope you get though dude

Try not to worry about the stress of it.

If you get really fed up then take her to a small claims court, its easy to issue the summons.

I would seek counsel from a solicitor first I am sure you will find one doing some pro bono work that will give you an hour free.

A small claims summons will also kick the insurance company into gear very quickly.

Good luck in sorting this out.

A quick update on this. Had a guy come out from Tescos insurance today to inspect the damages done to my car and he seemed like a nice chap.

Did a quick inspection and saw where the bumper had been cracked and the denting to the intercooler and asked if any other damage was apparent, to which it wasnt.

He asked if I could purchase the bumper seperate or was it a whole kit. I told him I did intially purchase as a whole kit which cost around £1000, to which he replies "I can imagine". But I did tell him that you can buy the parts seperate.

After that he said he would hand the report over to his insurance (Tesco) and they should then be able to sort me out from there.

Once the inspection was complete, I rang my insurance adrian flux to let them know the inspection was completed.

They then informed me that they would now wait to hear back regarding the report from Tescos. They did also ask if Tesco thought the bumper was repairable, to which I mentioned that it would be uneconomical to do so as the cracks in the bumper may start appearing again.

They then let me know that the claim was still in dispute with the other party and said that they would talk to Tescos in regards to the pay out and whether it was repairable.

I guess the ball is now moving, but I for one certainly do not want the bumper repaired as its not guranteed. Plus it would most likely cost more if my bodyshop had to then repair, prep, spray and fit it back on. May as well just get a new one and start over.

What are your guys views on this?

Yeah I do. There is no damage to her rear bumper whatsoever.

I dont see how they can still dispute this. There is so much evidence I have sent over.

The fibre glass placement on the road. The texts she sent me asking to pay for the damages and then stating it was 50/50. And now she has yet again changed the story from 50/50 to its all my fault and I hit her. It just does not add up.

If I went and asked the local hotel outside the traffic lights or the guy that lives in the house next to the traffic lights, could I still use them as a witness,If they saw anything that day?

I dont see how they can still dispute this. There is so much evidence I have sent over.

The fibre glass placement on the road. The texts she sent me asking to pay for the damages and then stating it was 50/50. And now she has yet again changed the story from 50/50 to its all my fault and I hit her. It just does not add up.

If I went and asked the local hotel outside the traffic lights or the guy that lives in the house next to the traffic lights, could I still use them as a witness,If they saw anything that day?

Yes you could still use them...

It needs to be completely undisputable from an unbiased standpoint.

Do the pictures of her car show where her vehicle is in relation to the lights? Was she over the line when she reversed?

If you drove into her, you would push her car over the line. If she reversed into you, she would push you backwards and her end position would be before the lights. Depending how much distance there is between the front of her car and the line for the lights would go towards proving your version of events :)

The images taken at the scene shows both cars before the traffic lights where she reversed into me.

My car for example is to far back for me to have even hit her at the lights as like you said I would have pushed her over the line.

Also one of the images taken shows the fiber glass on the floor from the area of impact, which also indicates that she hit me further back down the road. Otherwise those pieces of fiber glass would be apparent further up the road at the traffic lights.

Just to let you guys know I have just had a walk up the road where the incident happened, as I live there and have discovered that the Travel lodge hotel has a camera on the side of the building that points to the road where the crash happened ;)

I have just been into the hotel and explained the situation and the guy there will get his manager to contact me back. hopefully I will be able to see some footage from January the 9th.

Now invested in a go pro 3 with looping mode for the car, so that I have evidence in the future ;)

Hopefully that's not too late to be doing that investigation work but fingers crossed for you. If I were you I would push for her to be done by the police too, for fraud. If the video shows it of course. Our premiums are ridiculous due to people taking the piss.

Hopefully that's not too late to be doing that investigation work but fingers crossed for you. If I were you I would push for her to be done by the police too, for fraud. If the video shows it of course. Our premiums are ridiculous due to people taking the piss.

This, do her for fraud afterwards. I really hope you get the footage & it's still there. Explain the situation to them, hopefully they can help.

No chance of a conviction on this.

CPS wouldnt give it the time of day and in honesty quite right. This is just some woman who is trying her best to stop her premium shooting up. She may also be unable to tell her other half (if she has one) what really happend. Her insurance company are going to do everything that they can to avoid paying out.

Courts only have limited time and there are far worse crimes that need dealing with.

Just giving it the other side of the fence here.

Good luck with the claim though, CCTV will certainly help.

If you are comp then your insurer should have picked up the ball, fixed your car and be persuing her for the bill so you dont have to worry about any of this.