The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ebay Turbo kits? What else is needed?

Bluudy

ECU wise, don't dismiss the ECU Master DET3 piggy back. They do one with a built in MAP sensor which would be ideal for a NA-T as the stock sensor on a NA cannot read boost. They are less than a couple of hundred quid and will allow ignition timing skew too. Nodalmighty supplied and fitted and mapped mine (although mine is on a TT and not NA) and I understand that he has used these with good results on other members NA-T conversions.

ECU wise, don't dismiss the ECU Master DET3 piggy back. They do one with a built in MAP sensor which would be ideal for a NA-T as the stock sensor on a NA cannot read boost. They are less than a couple of hundred quid and will allow ignition timing skew too. Nodalmighty supplied and fitted and mapped mine (although mine is on a TT and not NA) and I understand that he has used these with good results on other members NA-T conversions.

The DET 3 isn't man enough for what he needs really. I used one as a fuel implant on a members car because he had no money and been bent over using A FIC6 twice. Never again though.

The DET 3 isn't man enough for what he needs really. I used one as a fuel implant on a members car because he had no money and been bent over using A FIC6 twice. Never again though.

That surprises me. I recall when I was looking at going NA-T on my old car back in the day there were quite a few people on the old US NA-T forum using a simple SAFC to get the control the fuelling and a one way valve in the line to the MAP sensor or nothing if MAF and were getting reasonable results so with the added benefit of timing skew on the det3 I thought it would be ideal for this sort of application. But you know the device better than most. Anyhow, you haven't got time to be replying to threads on here, you have a monster to put back together ;)

Anyhow, you haven't got time to be replying to threads on here, you have a monster to put back together ;)

Hmmm Yes, as a ignition and map sensor signal skew device it would work better. It has boost and launch control too in this configuration and a speed limiter delete.

I don't get my hand Dirty these days, Warner and Craig will be doing all that for me. I've just got to run a few wires ............... :D

All im saying is, buy cheap buy twice :Popcorn:

Best advice I ever heard Pig say many years ago, as he's been and done it all with single builds pretty much.

Makes a change for him to say something wise, it's usually his shit chat I have to put up with lol

I appreciate the advice. But im not bothered by the re sale value. As im not planning on selling. Im not bothered by the labour input as im a mechanic by trade, so that is no issue. If i have to weld intercooler pipes, then ill learn :)

Ebay kit is 1k, wereas whifbitz is 3k.im not saying that whifbitz is not worth 3k, but 3k on a turbo kit which cost more than the car cost me is the issue for me.

If the kits supplied have most items needed to make a working na-t, if the turbo was to fail, then i could juat get another decent turbo from turbotecnics for

£500 quid or so? if the manifold cracks i can just purchase another one?

Sounds ideal for bpu setup, am i right in think you wouldnt need a fcd or boost controller with this?

Sounds ideal for bpu setup, am i right in think you wouldnt need a fcd or boost controller with this?

That's right. Mine does my FCD and boost control. Obviously you need a decent solenoid valve for the boost control, I have a pot on mine fully anti clockwise stock boost fully clockwise 1.2 bar. The internal map sensor keeps everything nice and stable over a whole range of ambient temperatures through the year. You can also programme a new fcd cut off point as the map sensor in the det3 provides meaningful stable reference well over 1.2 bar, something the OEM one doesn't.

That's right. Mine does my FCD and boost control. Obviously you need a decent solenoid valve for the boost control, I have a pot on mine fully anti clockwise stock boost fully clockwise 1.2 bar. The internal map sensor keeps everything nice and stable over a whole range of ambient temperatures through the year. You can also programme a new fcd cut off point as the map sensor in the det3 provides meaningful stable reference well over 1.2 bar, something the OEM one doesn't.

Sounds great, much better than whats normally used for not alot more money than a fcd and boost controller, im gonna seriously consider one of these once my accident repairs have been done, seems good value

Sorry for the hijack OP

Sounds great, much better than whats normally used for not alot more money than a fcd and boost controller, im gonna seriously consider one of these once my accident repairs have been done, seems good value

Sorry for the hijack OP

Only had mine since August to be fair, but so far am really pleased with it. Still.finding my way around the software and like most things unless you use it often, everytime you go back to it you have to remind yourself how it works. Its a real shame that Lyndon "Nod" hasn't renewed his trader status as he seems to know these things well. Was chatting to some Lithuanian drifters at Pod last hear and they all use them.

"Lithuanian drifters", I had visions of vagrants living in cardboard boxes for some reason ;)

Very good Mr Wilson.

Seems they are mad about drifting. They the "Lituanianian drift team" as it is plastered all over their cars live local and are at most of the DWYB events at pod in force.