The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Arch rolling and gearbox refurbing in my area.......

ShawnPreece

Thanks all for your input’s, there seems to be valid arguments for both methods but arch enemy seem to have a very good reputation and a lot of recommendations so after speaking with Chazz who is my closest person at arch enemy I am going ahead and using them next week.

Also thanks Chris for your additional point about the future implication’s but the arches are catching when going over bumps at the moment and don’t really want to go smaller on the tyres so il just have to keep my fingers crossed that nothing happens for them to need replacing.

Thanks all for your input’s, there seems to be valid arguments for both methods but arch enemy seem to have a very good reputation and a lot of recommendations so after speaking with Chazz who is my closest person at arch enemy I am going ahead and using them next week.

Also thanks Chris for your additional point about the future implication’s but the arches are catching when going over bumps at the moment and don’t really want to go smaller on the tyres so il just have to keep my fingers crossed that nothing happens for them to need replacing.

Are you facelift shawn?

If so just advise him he may need to heat up for longer and roll slightly each time to stop the rivets showing on the inside.

Those "rivets" are spot welds, and if you ever need to change the panel they need to be accessed to be drilled out. After rolling they will be inaccessible. Plus trying to form the new panel to a deformed inner arch lip..... well, nightmare ville. All for an incorrect wheel offset and fashionably oversized tyres.

Those "rivets" are spot welds, and if you ever need to change the panel they need to be accessed to be drilled out. After rolling they will be inaccessible. Plus trying to form the new panel to a deformed inner arch lip..... well, nightmare ville. All for an incorrect wheel offset and fashionably oversized tyres.

So what happens to the spot welds when you cut the lip away?

Surely they'd be on the workshop floor somewhere and not on the car itself?

Or am I the only one that missing the point of cutting your arches??

So what happens to the spot welds when you cut the lip away?

Surely they'd be on the workshop floor somewhere and not on the car itself?

Or am I the only one that missing the point of cutting your arches??

I think that cutting right up to the spot welds provides the clearance most people need. It did in my case to clear my Mickey Ts

Butcher!! :)

Ah here, there is no need for that, I even used a piece of cloth between the jaws of the pliers & the arch.:)

My mate, who is a panel beater by profession and was with me on the day, was absolutely horrified. I seem to recall him calling me a butcher too!

But it was either that, stop doing laps or shred a brand new tyre.