The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So whats the most someones spent on restoring their supra?

supra_24

Your young once. Had i listened to my old man then sure i would have more money in the bank but really sometimes you have to let loose and chase what makes you happy in life

I'm already thinking this, having sunk a fair whack in to my supra already and with more planned. I would have always regretted not buying my dream car though, so it's worth it in my book.

This thread makes me feel a lot better about it though, having seen the amount some people spend.

I think many members on this site have blown a fair amount! Not only on parts but labour involved. I know my 24ct gold build cost me a fair whack. Not one for speaking figures but mine was a fair ammount lol

Will all the detail that went into yours with all the gold I'm not surprised, has still got to be one of the best engine bays ever.

Out of curiosity when breaking yours did make back anywhere close to what you spent on building it?

I think many members on this site have blown a fair amount! Not only on parts but labour involved. I know my 24ct gold build cost me a fair whack. Not one for speaking figures but mine was a fair ammount lol

You don't need to disclose figures we know you probably spent more than everyone put together with your gold fetish :p

Was broken and sold for parts right after the sale went through.

You are kidding :shock::shock::shock::shock:

Infernos and Kaans are the two projects I followed and I thought both cars would be there for posterity. The attention to detail on Infernos went beyond OCD

Kaan don't sell yours to be broken mate:blink:

Jay_NW spent a pretty penny on his car! Also Axle on his 3.4 stroker build, not forgetting Ibrar & JamieP!

They are though some of the best built cars... stunning in so many aspects.

The problem is Jamie in particular has built a few high spec cars now it almost doesn't seem like a big deal anymore when he rolls out another one.

Can I throw Jurgens name into this thread bracket too, you know that monster was not a cheap even if it is a Datsun :D

Very few on here restore.....Most modify! As we've started to see, stock bodied are holding good money but the supra will never be a collectors classic, because you just can't find clean, untouched TT's anymore.

Very few on here restore.....Most modify! As we've started to see, stock bodied are holding good money but the supra will never be a collectors classic, because you just can't find clean, untouched TT's anymore.

There are still a few, and in Japan they command a big premium over modified examples.

You are kidding :shock::shock::shock::shock:

Infernos and Kaans are the two projects I followed and I thought both cars would be there for posterity. The attention to detail on Infernos went beyond OCD

Kaan don't sell yours to be broken mate:blink:

Mine will never be broken, too many hours have gone into building it to just break. It would make me more happy to see someone else drive it than make a few extra £.

I can see this turning into a Supra stock vs modified investment thread :D

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

I have spent few thousand euros for restoration. Firstly there was a big service for engine, then i changed good sets of new tires, changed new front and rear bumpers+new paint for them and then i cleaned up the interior i.e cleaned everything, de-ionized the smell and re-trimmed the front seats. And a new radio too. Complete stock car.

Still there is a quite a lot to do: few small things, new exhaust (de-cat good quality parts) and suspension refresh. Thats about two grand more. At least. :)

Edit: I did have to fix air con too.

Edited by LasseV (see edit history)

Well I recently discovered that someone had cut holes where the capative nuts mount the propshaft up. Literally cut into the side wall of the underbody on both sides and didnt re-weld up.

Most likely to replace the nuts on the inside of the cars frame.

Luckily getting this sorted on Monday next week and should only cost around £120

My brakes need a good looking over now, as I have been told they don't feel right and cause judder through the steering wheel. These were brand new brakes discs and pads in July. Hope it wont cost me too much to resolve.