The mkiv Supra Owners Club

police keep harrasing me about my 'after market' exhaust.

calsupra

Why is the phrase after market in apostrophes in the title? It IS after market, its an HKS exhaust with a 5" tail pipe. And you don't go about 2k in town? These stories have to be taken with a pinch of salt. How many times of we hear a tale played down, only to find when the full details emerged the OP was, in fact, doing something wrong?

What I reckon was, you were giving it beans round town one night in a car with a very loud exhaust, the cops pulled you, you maybe gave a bit of attitude, your car now has a police marker. Close to the mark?

:confused:

Also, y'know, if your exhaust is as loud as I think it is, chavving through town deafening people and making windows shake is just being a tosser :)

They sound like ass's of coppers to be honest.. It must be CRAZY loud...

They sound like coppers who have taken a dislike to the OP. Had someone similar to this many years ago. Had a car with blue sidelights. Stopped him, asked him politely to remove them and if I saw him again, he'd get a ticket. (Reasonable no?). Stopped him a week or so later and gave him a VDRS to go to an MOT station and have them signed off which he did. (So must have fitted the correct bulbs, got the signature, then out back the blue bulbs.

I stopped him around 6 times and issues fines at £30 a time. Eventually he got the message. Was I harassing him? Was he someone who thought he knew better than the law and the people trying to uphold it. I had far better things to be doing with my time but this guy had a personal crusade to "not" do as he was told. It then becomes a battle and most of the time there is only one winner. On the off chance that the copper loses, he will get you next time. Just not worth the hassle, just do as you are told.

if it passess an mot i'd have thought it was ok

That is a whole different can of worms. My MOT station (friendly) has passed my Supra on 4 occasions with emissions and noise being dubious to say the least. I have fully expected at some point to have been stopped by the Police, somewhere is the country as my RS-R is seriously loud.

Once I get pulled, I will either change the exhaust of fit the baffle if I am just pottering around. The one thing that still amazes me on this forum is people who moan when they get caught doing things they shouldn't do.

H.