The mkiv Supra Owners Club

would the mkiv have become a ......

mellonman

Your right everyone hates an N/A

I often wonder what made the Chaps in Japan walk into a show room and go...........hmmmmmmmmmm i want the N/A please. What was the price differance?

Very small, in Us it was 4000$ and in Japan in 93' it was (cheapest n/a and the only manual turbo model) 1 300 000 jen. But, for example 6 spd SZR did cost in year 96 about 3,4 million jens and cheapest turbo model cost 3,8 million jens... Thats a very small difference.

Edit: Why they did buy a n/a version? Well, maybe they did like it. I mean, for example SZR has all the equipment and performance for fast and enjoyable driving but without unnecessary luxury equipments or electric gimmicky. People tend to love simple and spartan sport cars.

Edited by LasseV (see edit history)

Someone mentioned to me the other day that import law in the US relaxes after the car reaches 25 years old or something to that effect anyway. I can't really remember the details. Anyone know anything more about that?

I'm wondering if the US will start grabbing cars from the UK in a few years like a lot of Europe already does.

Can't see them wanting RHD cars, unless it's to break, but parts are cheap over there.

A quick check and stock tts are heading $35k

Thats just over 20k uk.

I have no idea what it costs to ship them over there but with clean ish tts going for £5000 even if it cost another 5 to get it over its still cheap to them.

I wonder if one of them would swap for a dodge viper?

They look completely different though (unlike R34 GTT vs GTR)

An NA supra looks identical to a TT supra.

Nail on the head Jamie. When I bought my NA, I wanted a car that didn't look like a watered-down version. I couldn't justify spending £10k+ on a 2nd car that was basically a toy for occasional use.

Nail on the head Jamie. When I bought my NA, I wanted a car that didn't look like a watered-down version. I couldn't justify spending £10k+ on a 2nd car that was basically a toy for occasional use.

Me too. This thread has done my head in. Toyota sold a shit load of NA so it can't have been a bad move from them. From an OC point of view, it makes no difference to anyone either, they are lower priced and the TT pulls a premium especially manuals.

I imagine if they were only ever made as TT's I probably would have gone for another car as a starting point.

Edited by Havard (see edit history)