The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Hard is it...

LadyFliss

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about an NA6? To hi jack a thread, as that is ideally what I would like to get when I decide to rejoin the fold.

I was thinking £5k, ok miles and maybe need some work on the outside but solid underneath

Between £5-6k I'd say, considering the gearbox box & parts are worth £3.5K alone it holds it's value well. MIne started off as an NA6. Fantastic car, superb to drive & not exactly a slouch. I just missed FI hence why I put a VVTi lump in mine.

Yeah my ex had a few (and I think owns one still) both auto (i think, he might cherp up but i doubt it) and they were amazing, but it has been a while so I might take you up on your offer keith, will be good to get to know a bit more about them too and my options

I do still own one, Manual big single. The purple one was mine but i thought you knew that. Good luck on what you find. Ill help if i can

Welcome to the club, personally I'd budget the below to give you a rough idea.

Manual TT6

Min £10k

Ideally £12k

Auto TT

Min £6k

Ideally £8k

NA5

Min £3k

Ideally £4k

NA Auto

Min £2.5K

Ideally £3.5K

Obviously some cars can be found for cheaper than the min price I have quoted but this taking into account getting something which doesn't need a huge amount of work doing to it.

Bless you some of those numbers are a bit off!!

Manual TT6

Min £7.5k

Ideally £9k

Auto TT

Min £4k

Ideally £6k

NA5

Min £2k

Ideally £3k

NA Auto

Min £1K

Ideally £2.5K

You boys need to take a look at the current market situation FFS. There are a lot of motors out there that need a bit of work that are going uber cheap. If you advise someone that a given car is worth X value when the average is below that, then there is a significant danger that this person might buy a miss described "bargain" because it appears cheap by our valuations not realising that the vehicle is over priced for its actual value.

To me, all your prices seem to be a bit low dangerous brain, i was recently in the market for Supras and spent weeks and weeks looking at all the different models, and the only TT6 for 7.5k that came up was incredibly rusty and had the vin numbers ground off, i'm sure a few of you saw that one! And very, very few for 9k so that is far from ideal imho. Add 1k to both the auto prices and your close. :)

His NA prices are pretty much spot on, but you need to remember when he says MIN, min is the rusty, doggy, examples that you speak of. When Em was searching for her NA auto we could find them for £1k-£1,500 but they where hideous, but that doesnt mean with some time, attention etc, these examples can be brought up to a way higher standard, its just if anyone can see the potential.

She ended up settling for very good example, I hadnt seen any other quite so clean at £2.5k, spot on to DB's prices :D

** Edited to remove swearing, please mind the language Ash **

Bless you some of those numbers are a bit off!!

Manual TT6

Min £7.5k

Ideally £9k

Auto TT

Min £4k

Ideally £6k

NA5

Min £2k

Ideally £3k

NA Auto

Min £1K

Ideally £2.5K

You boys need to take a look at the current market situation FFS. There are a lot of motors out there that need a bit of work that are going uber cheap. If you advise someone that a given car is worth X value when the average is below that, then there is a significant danger that this person might buy a miss described "bargain" because it appears cheap by our valuations not realising that the vehicle is over priced for its actual value.

Care to show me a TT6 for £7.5k that isn't a shed? :)

As I stated in my post, you can get cheaper but for the sake of a few pounds is it worth risking it? I'd happily pay £2k extra just to ensure I got a car that was well looked after than look for a 'bargain' epsically for someone new into the fold. As it is becoming more difficult to get hold of these cars the OP might be waiting a long time for a TT6 for £7.5k to then wonder why it was so cheap in the first place.

As I stated in my post, you can get cheaper but for the sake of a few pounds is it worth risking it? I'd happily pay £2k extra just to ensure I got a car that was well looked after than look for a 'bargain' epsically for someone new into the fold. As it is becoming more difficult to get hold of these cars the OP might be waiting a long time for a TT6 for £7.5k to then wonder why it was so cheap in the first place.

:yeahthat:

My advise would be to decide on what spec best suits you and find the best supra you can :)

I wanted a teal blue uk tt6 and all I found was rocking horse poop so I compromised and this is why I now drive a red 5speed N/A :D

See you didn't say the min had to be your own perceived min price and not the actual min price that I've seen them sell for (not advertised but actually sell for). There's some proper crocks of shoot out there and they take some low prices but to stick your head in the sand and say they don't exist is a bit unrealistic.

Proper bargains regularly pop up and the astute amongst the fraternity spot them and nab them up like the £5k aerotop TT that went in Nottingham tail end of last year. There has also been a couple of UK spec peaches sell fairly cheap lately as well.

I remember a post years back from Chris Wilson stating the ridiculously low prices he'd seen supras at in the trade.

See you didn't say the min had to be your own perceived min price and not the actual min price that I've seen them sell for (not advertised but actually sell for). There's some proper crocks of shoot out there and they take some low prices but to stick your head in the sand and say they don't exist is a bit unrealistic.

Proper bargains regularly pop up and the astute amongst the fraternity spot them and nab them up like the £5k aerotop TT that went in Nottingham tail end of last year. There has also been a couple of UK spec peaches sell fairly cheap lately as well.

I remember a post years back from Chris Wilson stating the ridiculously low prices he'd seen supras at in the trade.

I started my sentence off with "personally I'd.." :D

Without a doubt bargains out there, an experienced person could look past the price tag & deem if they are indeed a bargain. An NA6 went for £4k or not long ago, remembering it had the V161 box, big KSport brakes & loads of other goodies!

My prices were guidelines on what cash you'd want ready, I wouldn't recommend buying a car with zero in the bank.

Oh and I have only had one auto and two manuals

This is my last post till I pay membership... bring on payday.

T, tried to skype you.

The blue was auto yes? The purple one I rarely saw.... you new one... well your in a different country now ... surprised you piped up ....

Im just going to keep my options open try and test a few see what I like

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I have only had one auto and two manuals

This is my last post till I pay membership... bring on payday.

T, tried to skype you.

The blue was auto yes? The purple one I rarely saw.... you new one... well your in a different country now ... surprised you piped up ....

Im just going to keep my options open try and test a few see what I like

Edited by LadyFliss
error (see edit history)