The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Hard is it...

LadyFliss

Lots of rotters,

Dont buy to bad a one or it will cost the earth, unless its a N/A then anything other than major rust and or heater matrix is more or less easy. Even if the the engine blows up it costs about £200 for a new lump.

For all its slowness the N/A engine is unbreakable. I ran mine for 3 years without servicing it once, inc putting my van oil in it when it got low due to cam cover leakage, and it still pulled a 215 on a dyno.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had thought about buying a Mini as a project car but I much rather a supra and just slowly upgrade bit, replace and kit it nicely.

It would be a few years of hard graft but really create my own beast....

Im in a car club that has a lot of skilled members that would be happy to help so there is no issue there, i'll make sure I do most of the down and dirty!

I used to have a mini, great car to start on but a na is good. Will still feel quick for you as you have not really owned a fast car. I want another mini

Exactly where I am at, another Supra or restore a Mini. I have owned both and I adore the Mini and would love to have another Cooper.

If you do a Mini and do it right, you are never gonna lose that much money if anything at all. But by doing it right I do mean keeping it stock and original. A rust free classic Mini is an appreciating classic.

I am not sure I can say the same for a Supra in regards to return on investment.