The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini Movie Review

Scott

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dracula untold. Great film. Saw that Thursday, great cast and twist on the usual story and actually ties into the Classic Dracula nicely! Go see it!

Edge of tomorrow, also brilliant. Love the way they did the futuristic ground hog day.

I'm looking forward to Dracula untold. From the brief trailers I've seen it looks brilliant. I've always been a huge Dracula fan.

I thoroughly enjoyed Edge of Tomorrow, thought it was very well put together. Yes a little cheesy and a little cliche, but it wouldn't have worked if it wasn't.

I can't be bothered to read this whole thread. Any highlights? :D

It's more of a keeping current thread, so the last page or 2 should have you up to date..... ish.

The trouble is that most of the cinema offerings aren't particularly good so most of us tend to hit Netflix or the Tv for our movie viewing/reviewing :)

New series of Walking Dead started last night, anyone catch it?

Best yet.. repeated tonight at 9pm on Fox.

Watched it last night, it was a great episode. Dared to take things a little further than the TV norm too, thoroughly enjoyed it.

We finally got around to The Amazing Spiderman 2 tonight. To be honest it started fairly cheesy, so I switched my mentality to a 'it's supposed to be a comic' mindset. I must say I really enjoyed it after this, though I was surprised by the plot 'twist' towards the end. Thoroughly enjoyable, though how memorable, I'm not so sure. I don't remember a thing from the first...

Annabelle time for us.

I really enjoyed this. Wasn't expecting much, but thought it had plenty of good scares and managed to avoid most scary movie stereotypes. The first 'jump' caused one girl in the cinema to let out a scream, which in turn made everyone else start laughing. :)

I really enjoyed this. Wasn't expecting much, but thought it had plenty of good scares and managed to avoid most scary movie stereotypes. The first 'jump' caused one girl in the cinema to let out a scream, which in turn made everyone else start laughing. :)

Next door bit? Just passed it :D

The audio is really good so far.

Just finished watching Edge Of Tomorrow.

I want to dislike Tom Cruise, but he has been in some brilliant films, this was one of them.

Entertaining from start to finish. Great effects, great way to handle what could be a boring time loop story, and Emily Blunt was absolutely brilliant.

Just finished watching Edge Of Tomorrow.

I want to dislike Tom Cruise, but he has been in some brilliant films, this was one of them.

Entertaining from start to finish. Great effects, great way to handle what could be a boring time loop story, and Emily Blunt was absolutely brilliant.

Watched this last night, agree wholeheartedly about Cruise, probably a truly irritating man but I like most of his films.

This was a really good one:thumbs:

Edge of tomorrow was a great film, but for me was let down a smidge by the ending. Without trying to spoil it for others, the jumps he encountered why were they drastically different.

I know the premise of the film is to be taken with a pinch of salt, but at least some sort of sense would have been great.

Edge of tomorrow was a great film, but for me was let down a smidge by the ending. Without trying to spoil it for others, the jumps he encountered why were they drastically different.

I know the premise of the film is to be taken with a pinch of salt, but at least some sort of sense would have been great.

I could be wrong here, but I believe they would have all been the same if the previous events had been IYKWIM. Because he went back, he changed something.... which in turn changed something else in the future... meaning that when he got there it would be different?

I thought it was reasonably well tied up, do you have an example to refresh my memory? I was in the bath half cut at the time of viewing :D

- - - Updated - - -

I can't watch annabelle! My girlfriend won't watch it because she jumps at even. On scary things lol. Watching fury tomorrow and probably gone girl or something on Monday. Making use of that unlimited card ;)

Yeah, course it's coz of the girlfriend :D

I was in the bath half cut at the time of viewing :D

Hovis :D

I was just surprised by the time he constantly went back to (when he was kicked lying on ground) to then the final one, waking up in the helicopter which was even further in the past. Logically I would have expected the last time he jumped back to be the same time gap he previously jumped but just that in the future.

But again as he changed something then that could be the reason. Like I said anything to do with time travel is just pinch of salt.

I could be wrong here, but I believe they would have all been the same if the previous events had been IYKWIM. Because he went back, he changed something.... which in turn changed something else in the future... meaning that when he got there it would be different?

I thought it was reasonably well tied up, do you have an example to refresh my memory? I was in the bath half cut at the time of viewing :D

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, course it's coz of the girlfriend :D

Got to blame someone ;) lol

Bathtub viewing... May have to try that ;)

More like tennents than hovis, but it shows my "setup" lol. I'll be assuming the same position tonight :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=193209&stc=1&d=1414082390

Hovis :D

I was just surprised by the time he constantly went back to (when he was kicked lying on ground) to then the final one, waking up in the helicopter which was even further in the past. Logically I would have expected the last time he jumped back to be the same time gap he previously jumped but just that in the future.

But again as he changed something then that could be the reason. Like I said anything to do with time travel is just pinch of salt.

I didn't even spot that to be honest, as you say it's just a little thing but I'll need to look out for it in a second viewing to see if there is any prelude to it :)

Watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles last night.

I was very skeptical because I loved the originals, and aside from the few minor changes to the story line, all I can say is WOW.

The film is amazing, graphics are out of this world, the story is really good, funny, drama and action.

Can't go wrong.

Watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles last night.

I was very skeptical because I loved the originals, and aside from the few minor changes to the story line, all I can say is WOW.

The film is amazing, graphics are out of this world, the story is really good, funny, drama and action.

Can't go wrong.

That is good to know, as I was only ever going to watch it to lust about Megan Fox. :D

Just watched Hercules.

Taking this movie at face value I really enjoyed it. Loads of action from start to finish, a nice little twist on the usual Hercules tales with the right amount of character development to have you choosing a favourite. Another action flick full of cliché and predictability but filled to the brim with entertainment.

If you understand what you are viewing before you watch it you will most likely thoroughly enjoy it.