The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Irish Supra owners

Supratoc1990

Who did you get classic with. I was trying and can't get it because some are telling me it's high performance car. First Ireland said you can't get a Jap car on classic insurance and said no one would take it on because of that. My insurance was €840 and has now work it's way up to 1600.

Autoline in Newry , nobody down south will , I joined Vintage car club to use their club insurance scheme with FBD but FBD said no to Japanese cars , bit Irish if you ask me , anybody else the Supra is deemed too high performance

Makes me laugh the American Muscle cars are covered! 8 Litre Hemi is not exactly mundane

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is up next month so hopefully won't be bad , trade insurance seems to be the only way to go unless you can get classic

I did ask axa , if I had to re-insure the Supra with them , will my previous 5 years I had the car insured with them make a difference

They said no , take the risk if they will insure it again

To top it off I had to retain my policy with them to keep my no claims bonus as classic policy it is not required

I would of lost my 10years + NCB after 2 years, I am paying insurance on a second car just to stay in the system

Trading insurance companies in Ireland, Maltese Setanta Insurance group , Gibraltar-based Enterprise Insurance collapsed , the industry had to take up the slack, passed on the collapse to its customers

Even though 2% of the 5% Insurance Premium Tax already added to all Motor/House Policies goes towards the Insurer Compensation Fund...Insurers have been contributing into this fund for a long number of years, this was setup for situations like this

Enterprise Insurance was participating in the Irish Market under EU passporting regulations via Wrightway Underwriting a Managed General Agent based in Wexford who in turn re-distributed to Brokerages nationally...the Irish Central Bank were dependent upon the scrutiny of the Regulatory Authorities where Enterprise was actually based similar to the Maltese in respect of Setanta...yet again, this does not appear to have been ideal!

The House always wins!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Wasn't sure of the best spot to put this, but since most Irish owners are on this thread I'll put it here, is there anyone around the Waterford area (or even close) with a manual or auto twin turbo I could see and possibly drive, I've yet to drive either and have no idea which I'd prefer. My budget may stretch to a manual but if I actually prefer an auto it'll save me money and I may be interested in doing a manual conversion down the line as a project. I'll cover any costs and if the owner wants they can take my R35 GTR for a spin in return.

Thanks,

Brian.

Wasn't sure of the best spot to put this, but since most Irish owners are on this thread I'll put it here, is there anyone around the Waterford area (or even close) with a manual or auto twin turbo I could see and possibly drive, I've yet to drive either and have no idea which I'd prefer. My budget may stretch to a manual but if I actually prefer an auto it'll save me money and I may be interested in doing a manual conversion down the line as a project. I'll cover any costs and if the owner wants they can take my R35 GTR for a spin in return.

Thanks,

Brian.

Get up to Dublin you can have spin in mine, there is a mint white UK spec auto for sale on AutoTrader site it's dropped 4k to I think 26k looks mint low mileage, I actually can't understand why this has not been snapped up.

Get up to Dublin you can have spin in mine, there is a mint white UK spec auto for sale on AutoTrader site it's dropped 4k to I think 26k looks mint low mileage, I actually can't understand why this has not been snapped up.

Many thanks for the offer Nigel, I'm usually in Dublin often enough for various things so hopefully I'll be up there in the next month or so, if I haven't gotten a Supra by then I will definitely take you up on your offer. Is that the UK registration one, I think it was advertised on pistonheads also but seems to taken down as of this morning so it may well have sold, looked a lovely example but if it was the UK registration one that's a €40-45k car after VRT which is definitely out of my budget at the moment unfortunately.

• 2 months later...

Thanks,

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Only registered as a member on this site this afternoon, thought I would see if there was any other supra's around and I came across your post. I live in county Waterford and have a mk4 tt6 manual that i have owned for the past few years, I have left it mostly stock just with bpu upgrades done as it is my daily driver, am not sure if you have bought one since it was a few months ago but if you haven't manage to find one or got around to sitting in one just said I would let you know. would love to see the r35 as well, next on the wish list.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Brian,

Only registered as a member on this site this afternoon, thought I would see if there was any other supra's around and I came across your post. I live in county Waterford and have a mk4 tt6 manual that i have owned for the past few years, I have left it mostly stock just with bpu upgrades done as it is my daily driver, am not sure if you have bought one since it was a few months ago but if you haven't manage to find one or got around to sitting in one just said I would let you know. would love to see the r35 as well, next on the wish list.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply. I'd love to get a look at it definitely, where abouts are you located in Waterford, I'll be sure to drive to you in the R35 so you can get a look at it too. I tried to PM for your number but I don't think I have enough posts to do that yet, understand if you don't want to ad it publicly here.

• 2 weeks later...