The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo rear tire choice?

tony tt

Has anyone had vreds and toyos for a real compair as the reveiws say that vreds out perform toyos by a good % http://www.co.uk/Tyre/Toyo/T1R.htm vs http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Sessanta.htm

It's hard to compare reviews though as all the reviews are based on driving focus st or seats etc.....

Nothing there on how they do with cars with more horses. I tend to go with word of mouth on here better.

So far it's mitchilin super sports, Toyo T1-R or R888 but I fear the 888 will just get eaten off it.

My R888's have lasted about 5000 miles and now need replacing so I'm in the same boat but unfortunately I have very limited choice with my size so it's either R888's or Vreds. I'd like to try something different but will most likely have to go 888's again as I just don't know what the Vreds will be like with my power and it's an expensive mistake to make.

I would personally steer clear of the R888's if your a regular driver and go out in the wet as their crap for both these scenarios. They are however fantastic when dry and warm. :)

My R888's have lasted about 5000 miles and now need replacing so I'm in the same boat but unfortunately I have very limited choice with my size so it's either R888's or Vreds. I'd like to try something different but will most likely have to go 888's again as I just don't know what the Vreds will be like with my power and it's an expensive mistake to make.

I would personally steer clear of the R888's if your a regular driver and go out in the wet as their crap for both these scenarios. They are however fantastic when dry and warm. :)

What size rims do you run?

I have a similar issue, I would like to run road tyres but as I am running 255's I have no option but semi-slicks as even they don't grip in 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

Are R888's and Vreds the only road legal options?

I have never heard of Vreds...

The car isn't a daily or anything Steve. 5000 miles is a great range on those Id be happy with that.

I have a similar issue, I would like to run road tyres but as I am running 255's I have no option but semi-slicks as even they don't grip in 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

Steve and I both run a 315 rear, his are 17s and mine are 18s.

I wanted to investigate the MPSS but they don't offer them in the required sizes. :(

All I know it that vreds have been used on high power lambos as someone commented on the patern also saying they are a great tyre, I have them now and are great , best when I first got them 2 years ago but now are spinning abit but have decent tread left , but I guess thats to be expected with heat cycles ect, next time I may get the toyos just to compair just so I know , I must add I did like avon zz3 over falkons at bpu with my style of driving ;)

I must also add they are amazing in the wet I mean really amazing couldnt believe how much grip I had

As James has mentioned above I'm running 315/35/17 and my only option is R888's or these Vreds which I've not heard much about either which is why I'm reluctant. These are the only road legal option I have in this size.

Don't get me wrong the R888's give amazing grip in the dry but they will quite quickly kill you in the wet.

The car isn't a daily or anything Steve. 5000 miles is a great range on those Id be happy with that.

Yeah It's not a bad range considering the amount of tread to start with. Maybe I'm not driving it hard enough! :D

All I know it that vreds have been used on high power lambos as someone commented on the patern also saying they are a great tyre, I have them now and are great , best when I first got them 2 years ago but now are spinning abit but have decent tread left , but I guess thats to be expected with heat cycles ect, next time I may get the toyos just to compair just so I know , I must add I did like avon zz3 over falkons at bpu with my style of driving ;)

I must also add they are amazing in the wet I mean really amazing couldnt believe how much grip I had

Okay that's good to know cheers. :thumbs: Might do a little more research on them

Thats interesting. That is the problem I am having with my 888's.

Reading about those budget's above it seems they start to suffer about 60% wear.

Poss worth a shot at half the price of the 888's.