The mkiv Supra Owners Club

classic car insurance????

peter richards

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic car insurance is usually for second cars, limited mileage, kept in garages, no commuting use, no or few mods etc.

There is much more to it than the age of the vehicle.

kind of sums me up , cars in my new garage , be lucky if I do 500 miles a year well its sornd for six Edited by peter richards (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
YeH it's great if you have a bone stock car you never use. But who here has that? Not many

Me. I have been with Lynbrook for three and a half years. Never paid more than £330 for a 5K miles policy with wheels and exhaust as mods.

I have now dropped the miles to 3K as we never use her but that brought it down to £280. I only paid £15 for agreed value of £8500. I just had to send in some pics of the car and mileage etc.

I have had classic policies since my Supes were over 10 years old. Finding people to do this is hard. Once they are over 15 years it's a doddle.

H.

I have mine on classic for less than £300 per year.

Someone on here got the lowest quote i think it was raven, of £192

3 mods max usually.

Milage is agreed and usually less than 5000 miles

Just been quoted £166 LV insurance on a 5,000 mileage fully comp PNCD. Was with £100 voluntary plus £200 compulsory excess though. So likely to go for a £188 Admiral on £100 voluntary excess.

my admiral re renewal will be here anytime , been with them for years , footmans quote is ok so ill wait and see

I've been with Admiral for years but the confused generated quote is always lower then their renewal so I phone up and they price match their own quote.

Just been quoted £166 LV insurance on a 5,000 mileage fully comp PNCD. Was with £100 voluntary plus £200 compulsory excess though. So likely to go for a £188 Admiral on £100 voluntary excess.

PNCD?

I assume you have another vehicle? I have my Volvo with LV but didn't know they did classic policies.

• 5 weeks later...