The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How to change a Supra fuel pump.

Matt Harwood

Figured it out with a little help from the BFH. Anybody have a schematic for the wiring? Polarity wise there's a blue wire and black wire running to the pump. I didn't find this in any of the three threads and it's not in the instructions. I assume that black is black, and blue is red (standard) and that's how it appears in this thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=57473&highlight=walbro

If this is wrong, please let me know before I blow myself up or destroy the pump. Actually by the time you post it will be too late. Oh well. *Fingers crossed*

Blue is power, black is ground. If I recall correctly :)

Just track which wires go to which pins on the 5 pin plug that goes on top of the pump cage. Or multimeter it. Or if your car goes backwards instead of forwards you wired the pump the wrong way round ;)

-Ian

• 1 month later...

In a moment of madness (prolly made by big dose of sun at Santa Pod) I did swap my fuel pump too and did some pics during this simple and smelly job :p

Some pics (according to points made by Matt)

No 2.

No. 3

No. 4

No. 5

No. 6

No. 8 and 9

I did use some plastic strap to hold pump in place properly.

Enjoy

Edited by Konrad (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Would just like to 2nd Suprafly's comments, top guide here and managed to replace dead fuel pump (supplied by Keron) in about an hour and a half.

Would point out that getting the big sealing ring off and back on again is a right pain and much easier with lubrication (sprayed WD40 on the inside of the ring) and it went on fairly quickly.

So glad this was here and really appreciated Konrads pictures, they really helped to understand what's what :cool:

Thanks again peeps :thumbs:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Best to flip the ring over and look where the 'thread' begins.......look for the corresponding thread on the base and then flip the ring over so the thread is only an inch of two before the bases thread. Then do the 'both hands around the ring and screw on while pushing down thing' and if it doesn't catch just try again....and don't forget the WD40 mentioned above.

Best to flip the ring over and look where the 'thread' begins.......look for the corresponding thread on the base and then flip the ring over so the thread is only an inch of two before the bases thread. Then do the 'both hands around the ring and screw on while pushing down thing' and if it doesn't catch just try again....and don't forget the WD40 mentioned above.

I soaked it with wd and it went on a treat

• 1 year later...