• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Paddyp33

Keep up the good work Kelvin. I agree, the flock would look better black. Looking forward to seeing all body kit sprayed and in place. Hopefully you are back on the road soon.

So far so good with the valve stem seal replacement , all the old inlet seals were intact (but very hard) , all the old exhaust seals were broken and floating on the valve stems (no wonder it was smoking so heavily on start up)

had a slight mishap whilst replacing the collets on no6 exhaust side , where I managed to drop one of the collets down an oil passage

After a trip to 2 Machine Marts and Halfords, I decided to try Maplin and got a torch with a magnetic pick up tool, luckily on the second attempt the lost collet was retrieved

So all the valves are now done, the new water pump, thermostat and associated pipework has been refitted

I'll spend the rest of the evening reading up on refitting the cams and write down all the torque settings of the parts I have to replace

• 2 weeks later...

The engine is all back together now, Gary (mk4gaz) popped over last weekend and helped get some bits fitted and got the timing all sorted out

Gave the car an oil and filter change , topped up with coolant and started her up on Friday, I'm pleased to say there are no more smoke issues on start up

A set of genuine skirts came up for sale which I had to have , luckily Ric agreed to bring them down to London and Gary came to the rescue again and kindly collected them for me whilst I was at work yesterday

Collected them today and gave them a quick fit

Edited by kayjay0_7 (see edit history)

Eventually got the skirts in etch today, really annoyed that I took two days off and the weather has turned nasty

Whilst at it I decided to start modifying the front bumper , I hate the look of the canards so cut them out , will fibreglass the holes over tomorrow

Before

After

Managed to get the skirts and spats reprimed over the weekend and painted up today , they dried pretty quickly so decided to fit them

Having completed the engine repairs , I decided to relocate the Blitz BOV to the engine bay, one thing lead to another and the hoses ended up getting replaced with blue silicone

The spark plug cover had been done in BMW Sapphire black so changed this to Vauxhall Arden Blue

Rear window visor has also been refitted, am tempted to get it wrapped in white vinyl