Drag Racing Tips (10 sec street car)

Chris Bailey

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck getting into the 11s Chris! Mid 10s should be possible with that much power though.

Ask around on SF in the dragracing section. Great guys with some very good tips&tricks!

I think low 11's are possible, Needs a drag racing map on the Syvecs. Being auto we need to try build as much boost and torque with the hi-stall to get a quick launch. Its all in the 60FT ;)

Yes they was mate, had them from new. Run about 100 quarter miles with 3/4 sets of mt's

Didn't get to run in anger with the tyres I sold to littler as my clutch/gear box went pear shaped.

Put the car back to road spec so I thought somebody else might like then.

Hope they serve you well.

I'm sure with the extra 80bhp Ryan got for me on many last mapping session they would of helped get me a low 11 or even an high 10 but I'll never know now

• 1 month later...
Yes they was mate, had them from new. Run about 100 quarter miles with 3/4 sets of mt's

Didn't get to run in anger with the tyres I sold to littler as my clutch/gear box went pear shaped.

Put the car back to road spec so I thought somebody else might like then.

Hope they serve you well.

I'm sure with the extra 80bhp Ryan got for me on many last mapping session they would of helped get me a low 11 or even an high 10 but I'll never know now

I'd like to see a mid to low 11 at Santa pod this year :) need to try get our 60ft times down though because at the minute there about 2.3. But ideally we need a launch control map on the syvecs ecu.

I was told at pod once to go on the amber light and not to snatch at 2nd gear, improved my time straight away. :)

You don't get timed until you break the stage box, so going on amber will make no odds in rwyb.

People do go on amber if in a race, but to win the race, they are not doing it to get the best time.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

You can sit on the green light as long as you want, timing starts when you start moving. Just sit there and concentrate on the launch.

To get a 10 second pass isnt that hard in a 600-700hp Supra.. the key is the tires and launch. 15" or 16" ET Streets or slicks or 17" radials. But dont get radials on a manual car, you will get wheel hop and break your diff or drive shaft. Get a 1.6-1.8 sec 60ft and dont mess up the shifts and high 10's are there.

Edited by Krister (see edit history)

You can sit on the green light as long as you want, timing starts when you start moving. Just sit there and concentrate on the launch.

To get a 10 second pass isnt that hard in a 600-700hp Supra.. the key is the tires and launch. 15" or 16" ET Streets or slicks or 17" radials. But dont get radials on a manual car, you will get wheel hop and break your diff or drive shaft. Get a 1.6-1.8 sec 60ft and dont mess up the shifts and high 10's are there.

Helps that we have 17" drag radials and a built boostlogic autobox and 3600rpm hi stall and also a TRD diff then :).

• 1 month later...

Havent updated this thread in a while so here it goes...

Had a mapping session back in April with Ryan, mine and dads aims were 650bhp and 600lbft, we had big problems with wheelspin on the dyno at SRR. There was smoke coming off the tires and Ryan had to keep coming off the throttle due to the wheelspin. Was really proud of the final figure though, managed 565.5bhp and 640lbft at 3700rpm on shell v power. But due to the wheelspin Ryan doesnt think the figure is accurate. He thinks its around 630bhp but there is still room for improvement with 264 cams and some methanol. So may look to install some cams and bigger tires because 275's struggled with 640ftlbs or may look to use a hub dyno.

Also Ryan setup the drag map and we make full torque (640lbft 870nm) on the 3600rpm hi stall. Ryan tested the map and he thinks we could pull a 1.6 second 60ft time now with the drag radials. The best we have done so far is a 2.3 because the hi stall wasn't setup and we had street tires. So hopefully now its got enough guts for a 10 second pass at 130+mph :D.

20140427_112510.jpg

Edited by Chris Bailey (see edit history)