The mkiv Supra Owners Club

finding it hard to move on!

broomie

NA Manual --> TT Auto = Auto Boredom and lack of involvement in the drive (I'm not starting the age old debate again, just my opinion)

That transition is like finally convincing the hot stripper to come home with you one night, then discovering she only does missionary...You're excited about the proposition, but disappointed with the end result.

Flog it and get a TT6 or BPU it and hope for the best.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love my na engine with manual box, i often air my view on auto but just incase anyone missed it..................... im not 65 yet and wouldnt want to annoy pedestrians with my annoying droans.

that is all.

NA Manual --> TT Auto = Auto Boredom and lack of involvement in the drive (I'm not starting the age old debate again, just my opinion)

That transition is like finally convincing the hot stripper to come home with you one night, then discovering she only does missionary...You're excited about the proposition, but disappointed with the end result.

Flog it and get a TT6 or BPU it and hope for the best.

Having owned an NA6, TT Auto & currently having a TT6 I wouldn't say that much is the case, the auto is incredible fun & not to mention stupidly quick.

I'd take a TT Auto anyday over an manual NA... their is no comparison :D

Having owned an NA6, TT Auto & currently having a TT6 I wouldn't say that much is the case, the auto is incredible fun & not to mention stupidly quick.

I'd take a TT Auto anyday over an manual NA... their is no comparison :D

Cheaper to TT an N/A 5 Speed that 6 Speed an Auto!! Get the manual any day of the week! :D

I would say the Na is a waste of time if you're going for a supra, it feels sluggish and it's not very quick. The only plus point is the manual gearbox is like a normal car not something transplanted from a tractor.

A TT by comparison feels much more engaging and agile with the power, if you can get it into second on a cold start that is. The mpg is the same between the two and the reliability is excellent on both, insurance about the same. The only real difference is the upfront purchase price.

Owning an auto TT bpu and a TT6 bpu I'd say I prefer the auto. I was dubious about the auto at first but I have to say i was very very surprised how it feels and how much you can play about with it. If it was a toss up between the two I'll have the auto. People slag the auto off and most have probably never driven one to see what it's like. It's an age old argument that's been done time and time again each to their own.

Owning an auto TT bpu and a TT6 bpu I'd say I prefer the auto. I was dubious about the auto at first but I have to say i was very very surprised how it feels and how much you can play about with it. If it was a toss up between the two I'll have the auto. People slag the auto off and most have probably never driven one to see what it's like. It's an age old argument that's been done time and time again each to their own.

You would Grandad! Couldn't even catch the diesel bus!

When i had my car on the track i loved it even more, the j spec brakes never ever let me down and i could easily out brake everything, Ive often questioned the people who say they HAD to uprade the j specs as they dont fade at all,

I'm sorry but I would have to question how hard you were actually braking then as I could easily cook UK spec brakes never mind J-Spec brakes. I would also suggest that you've never tried to haul a supra down from 140 to lower than 30 in one go. Do that with j-spec brakes and you'll boil the fluid in and around 40. Bear in mind that a BPU supra can easily attain 140 being able to stop from that speed is quite important. As far as manual boxes being more fun is concerned I have recently purchased a 6 speed 300bhp diesel beemer and it can be quite an effort to keep changing gears on the country roads I commute on. Long term I think an auto would have been easier. I also struggle at times to know where I am in the gear system as the damn thing is so quiet.

I'm sorry but I would have to question how hard you were actually braking then as I could easily cook UK spec brakes never mind J-Spec brakes. I would also suggest that you've never tried to haul a supra down from 140 to lower than 30 in one go. Do that with j-spec brakes and you'll boil the fluid in and around 40. Bear in mind that a BPU supra can easily attain 140 being able to stop from that speed is quite important. As far as manual boxes being more fun is concerned I have recently purchased a 6 speed 300bhp diesel beemer and it can be quite an effort to keep changing gears on the country roads I commute on. Long term I think an auto would have been easier. I also struggle at times to know where I am in the gear system as the damn thing is so quiet.

Agreed there. J-spec brakes are crap for bpu power.

I recently got an Auto Diesel beemer and I've got to agree. It has flappy paddle things that I sometimes turn on for poops and giggles, it's a chore. The changes are so fast and so close together, due to the lack of rev headroom, that an auto makes much more sense.

Supra is a different basket of fish.

I recently got an Auto Diesel beemer and I've got to agree. It has flappy paddle things that I sometimes turn on for poops and giggles, it's a chore. The changes are so fast and so close together, due to the lack of rev headroom, that an auto makes much more sense.

Supra is a different basket of fish.

So now a supra is a basket of fish? You've changed.