The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra cranking but no spark...

Guest suprageek

Hi don't know if i can help, but will try having read your thread, you have fuel pressure but no spark,

Did this happen out of the blue, or had you been working or changing things on your car?

Crank sensor would be the next place I would look,

Does the car sound normal when cranking ?

Check ECU connections and earth pionts.

:D

Guest suprageek
Hi don't know if i can help, but will try having read your thread, you have fuel pressure but no spark,

Did this happen out of the blue, or had you been working or changing things on your car?

Crank sensor would be the next place I would look,

Does the car sound normal when cranking ?

Check ECU connections and earth pionts.

:D

hi just happened out of the blue i was driving the car on the motorway and it cut out, when its cranking sounds normal has a real strong crank, i have a crank position sensor arriving tomorrow from rob mitchell, i will check the ecu connections and earth points tomorrow, thanks i appreciate your reply

dave

- - - Updated - - -

Guest suprageek
Have you thought about it being the alarm immobiliser?

Maybe check the power to and from the igniter there is a repair manual on the front page that might help

never thought of the immobiliser, i will check the power to the igniter too, thanks mellonman!

Guest suprageek

Just got the crank sensor in and I now have spark and I changed the plugs it's still trying to start but dosnt def better than before, here's a pic of the crank sensor I took outimage

Why is it dented?

now im not sure where abouts the crank sensor is but thought it wa by the timing star near the crank pully, for that to be dented is odd to me unless the crank moved or timing star to be loose, i would investigate the timing star is still attached to the belt cog, (if thats where its situated), and if its no longer attached it would put your timming out so wont start, but if its further into the block i would do a compresson test to make sure everything is where its ment to be,

Guest suprageek

Yes mellonman apparanty the trigger wheel can come off knocking the timing off 30 degrees that would explain the dent as the sensor sits just on the left of he crank, will get a look on monday

Guest suprageek

Got the crank case open and the star/trigger wheel was spinning freely found the prob so will have it welded onto the crank pulley wheel and that should be job done!

• 5 years later...