The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra rear cages

FOSTA

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so tempted.

Its the cutting of 35mm to fit my Aero top and re-welding, that puts me off.

Its really easy dude, just measure 35mm from the base plates and cut off with angle grinder, ten draw around on the plates with a marker pen just so you know wich way the need welded back on then take to any engeneering or machine shop to be welded back on cost me £20 to get welded back on and took 5 mins :)

But to be honest if you did decide to get one just try putting the main frame in position first as mine sits about 25mm from the roof so with any luck it might just fit in tight. But don't ha me on that! I if you do but expect to ha e to cut and weld but if it fits in tight then that's a bonus!

I can take a take measure to mine to see how big the gap is and have more of an idea if It will sqeeze in?

Edit: hummmmm! Not sure if it will go stright in now! If it did it will be pushing up on your headliner and could look poop! So on that note it will need cutting down slightly.

I'm tempted also but can't be arsed with sending it away to be chromed.

Does look very good in the car all the same.

Ha ha ha I would image that would also be expencive ha ha ha

If you did decide you could always arrange for parcels2 go to collect from me and deliver to the chromers. So then that saves you getting then sending it back off ;)

I'm sorry, but the dispute that's occurring over one of these products at the moment is ridiculous... If you order a mild steel cage in a bare finish, of course there is going to be minor surface rust...!! If you want to eliminate the chance of that, order it painted.

These look a well made and quality item at a good price. Good luck with the sale of the remaining items, I'm sure people won't be disappointed.

I'm sorry, but the dispute that's occurring over one of these products at the moment is ridiculous... If you order a mild steel cage in a bare finish, of course there is going to be minor surface rust...!! If you want to eliminate the chance of that, order it painted.

These look a well made and quality item at a good price. Good luck with the sale of the remaining items, I'm sure people won't be disappointed.

Thanks mate, I've had a few pm's off members saying the same. It's good to know it wasn't just me that thought that lol :)

• 3 weeks later...

Blinking lovely looking item. Would I be right in thinking this would add to the stiffness of the chassis as well as looking good, aslo never fitting a cahe before myself, do you bolt right through the floor, do you have any under car pic's ?

Blinking lovely looking item. Would I be right in thinking this would add to the stiffness of the chassis as well as looking good, aslo never fitting a cahe before myself, do you bolt right through the floor, do you have any under car pic's ?

Yeah it would add stiffness, yes just simply place the cage in the car and line up where you wound like it then drill your holes and bolt her in. Ill take some pictures of the underneath of mine tonight ;)

Yeah it would add stiffness, yes just simply place the cage in the car and line up where you wound like it then drill your holes and bolt her in. Ill take some pictures of the underneath of mine tonight ;)

Did you have a pic yet buddy

I want 1 but what's the least u take for 1 an have you got the exact place to cut the rear panel out for the cage to go through

I would suggest the least he would take is the advertised price. Iirc he's hardly turning a profit as it is.

• 1 month later...