The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nearly 21, insurance on a TT6 anyone?

Calzo21

Hi guys

Had my Jspec Tiptronic TT nearly a year now just had my renewal from Admiral for £970 for the year

That's 3 years driving, 3 years NCB so I think that's alright :)

Found a 6speed that looks great, missing the manual and being more involved with the drive :(

Looking up insurance and comparison sites are stupid money (£3500+)

Awaiting an email from Admiral how much it would be to swap over insurance

And have sent a pm to Sky on here

Some companies aren't giving me a quote even if I put my birthday a month early so makes me 21?

Birthdays on 10th June so it's getting close :D

But why is it so dear or even not getting a quote!? Iv got no points and no claims

I look around and see some people getting good prices

So why can I insure a TT auto and not a TT6

Hi guys

Had my Jspec Tiptronic TT nearly a year now just had my renewal from Admiral for £970 for the year

That's 3 years driving, 3 years NCB so I think that's alright :)

Found a 6speed that looks great, missing the manual and being more involved with the drive :(

Looking up insurance and comparison sites are stupid money (£3500+)

Awaiting an email from Admiral how much it would be to swap over insurance

And have sent a pm to Sky on here

Some companies aren't giving me a quote even if I put my birthday a month early so makes me 21?

Birthdays on 10th June so it's getting close :D

But why is it so dear or even not getting a quote!? Iv got no points and no claims

I look around and see some people getting good prices

So why can I insure a TT auto and not a TT6

Strange, it didnt make any difference when I got insured on mine whether it was auto/manual uk/j spec from various companies.

Strange, it didnt make any difference when I got insured on mine whether it was auto/manual uk/j spec from various companies.

Yeah that's what I thought, thought it wouldn't be a huge difference. il try some companies again and see what they say :)

Sky are over 25 as far as i'm aware along with LWIB.

My UK spec with all its mods was £300 with an agreed value policy (£13k), i just got

quoted nearly £500 for a stock NA worth £4k.

Car insurance is a farce !!

The UK specs WILL make a difference, mine went from £1200 for UK Spec to £2200 for a J- Spec

But auto vs manual shouldn't make a difference, wait to see what admiral say then I would say look at elephant as well and see what sort of quote you can get from them.

Woww I knew there was a difference for UKs being cheaper but not by that much!

Yeah that's what I thought quite weird if you ask me, yeah il try everything out gunna try Multi car policies too :)

Sky are over 25 as far as i'm aware along with LWIB.

My UK spec with all its mods was £300 with an agreed value policy (£13k), i just got

quoted nearly £500 for a stock NA worth £4k.

Car insurance is a farce !!

Awww are they!? I thought they might of been 21 over...dam!

Seriously?! That is crazy how can they get away with that, it takes the biscuit with some people. :(

Yh defo buying well was had to get my Lexus to sell first was gonna buy a tt that's on here but looks like I can't anymore as I've still not sold the lex so I'm swapping mine for a manual na hopefully just gotta sort the details with the guy

Awww well good luck with the swap over! :)

Just gunna forget about getting a manual for now :(

it's stupid how much difference there wanting iv tried everything and just tried a Multicar from Admiral they were wanting £1600+ yet dads Fusion was only £140 -.- if only I had his years NCB!!

soon as I put in my Auto supe it was down to £960!

Scandalous...perfect example of insurance scam

Must be your postcode. I was quoted under £800 from admiral for a UK TT6. Im 23, but only 1 year driving and no NCB!

Dam that's crazy! Aint you lucky haha

But I'm in a nice local rural area in Scotland got nothing on the city's haha

See when putting in the details it can never find the Reg plate so you type in description and it has on the list:

RZ Twin Turbo (Imp)

SZ Non Turbo (Imp)

Twin Tur Aut (Imp)

Twin Turbo (Imp)

Now iv got my auto as Twin Tur Aut and it's really cheap

When been looking up for a manual iv changed from the bottom one to the RZ so decided to try the Twin Tur Aut and it's came out cheaper than my Auto!?! But would I get away with something like that I don't know :(

Ive only just managed to find decent quotes at 23, i was in the same boat at 21 wanting to buy one but struggling for insurance.

Uk tt6 is cheaper for me to insure than my import n/a but having the cash to buy one wasnt an option.

Mines still less than 800 a year so im happy for now

I have just payed my premium all mods, import rz twin turbo manual last year I payed 988 with 0 no claims and limited mileage 1,000. This year I have 1 year no claims im 28 and my other car has 4 years but they were not bothered about other vehicle, and my premium was 678 I'm very happy with this :) just payed in full.

il tell you what the problem is, your 21, your insurance wont become realistic until youre 25+ imo. im paying £550 odd and im 32 with max no claims and limited mileage and garaged. jap spec auto aerotop TT bpu, altho my car is running standard bhp at this current time

Not true I am paying 550 on my TT6, 4k limited miles, on drive and I am 24. That's with an at fault claim too.