The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake pads

shaz2010

• 7 months later...

old thread bump. hope this is ok, I have a few questions on the same subject.

I'm doing some research on pads as I plan to change mine to UK's soon- so a question to the EBC people- are these all experiences with yellowstuff???

the reason I ask is I've used them on a previous sprint car (2.0 FWD celica) and I have them currently on my Jspecs on the soop, and I think they're great.

on the celica they were far better than stock or pagid fast road pads.

on the soop I had mintex pads (road ones I think, not fancy ones) when I first bought the car and they were good cold, but any sort of heat and they faded quite badly. when I swapped them to yellowstuff I had none of that, and the cold performance was equally good if not better than the mintex.

best thing IMHO is that the yellows work so well from cold- as I have strange requirements! I drive the car lots on the road, but the main requirement is for sprints, IE one lap from stone cold, and i also do the odd track day too- so I also need ones that can take the heat every now and then.

can anyone who has used chris Wilson or Porterfield pads let me know what their cold performance was like? I was going to go with yellowstuff again because I have had such good experience with them, but thought I'd ask before parting with my hard earned. I'll be running brand new mrT blank discs and flushing through more fresh motul RBF600 fluid when I do the job.

thanks in advance.

CW fast road pads ftw. Superb stopping power for all but the harshest of use! I have OEM disks, CW pads and RBF 600 fluid with do luck braided hoses and they work very well! That's with jspec rears too!