The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just resprayed - Plasti Dip Red Supra

msmile

Thats the crapiest way of spraying wheels, I cant beleave he would even bother to record that lol.

Take the tyres off and get them powder coated for god sake.

:iagree:

The guy's an idiot! Why would you only tape a small part of the wheel. He coated the callipers and discs in paint :blink:

I plasti-dipped my wheels because the refurbishers said they couldn't do anything with them. Look better than they did (they were previously all silver, with some peeling on the sides of the spokes).

I agree, though - not as easy as they make it look!

wheels black.jpg

hey bud loving the finish and top job.

you mentioned a compressor, did you not use the electric gun they recommend?? i was looking at getting a big can and freshening up some parts but i have heard issues with a compressor and normal spray guns??

also did you thin it down and how did you find laying it all down??

I got the spray station they recommend, it works, but I got better result with the compressor, but u need to know what size spray needle needed. Yes, you need to thin the paint, even if they say the paint is ready for use. The more you thin, the easier it goes, but you need more layers then. PM me if you're planing to paint.

That (the wheels) is one of the worst demonstrations of spraying I have ever seen! What a tool. No even strokes, didnt get full coverage, and now has two tone tyres :rlol:

The supra, although not my cuppa, looks a good finish :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, anyone knows where to get carbon front diffuser? :) Cheers!

Whifbitz :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As far as my wheels go - it's been about 3 1/2 months and they still look good. There's a tiny bit of peeling on one inside edge, but to be fair I think this is down to the finish underneath being crap. I'm impressed, especially as it looks as good as when I did it. They wash well (I'm careful) and have no obvious blemishes from muck, oil, brake dust or road debris etc.