The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shakespeare raceway - supra drag tornament - Sponsored by DNA ltd - JUNE 8th/9th

viper

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Biebs told me earlier apparently he has a small oil leak, lost about 1/3rd of a litre of oil, but didn't want to risk driving the car home, so I believe he's managed to get a mate who has a flat bed type thing to get him home

Edit: Did Dave run? As I seem him there I think kindly towing Adam out

Did Dave run? As I seen him there I think kindly towing Adam out

Yes and yes. :) I got to use my rear towing eye, not quite how it's intended of course (to tow rather than be towed) but still... good stuff! :D

I matched my best time and ET from Santa Pod last month - without the benefit of Syvecs launch control, which is playing up for some reason :blink: - but despite knocking a couple of tenths off my 60' time I still wasn't ENTIRELY satisfied. I'm still convinced that given the right launch, Suki will run an 11... I have a minor issue at the moment with my DASH2 display in that the high boost warning is a bit too sensitive, so it flashes at 1.7bar - the problem being that the warning is the last 2 LEDs of the shift light sequence and that of course, if I'm hitting 1.7bar, it means I'm very nearly at the rev limit in whichever given gear, so the end result is that I'm short shifting rather than getting right up to just before the limiter. VERY frustrating!!

Anyway... My best times of the day:

60'.......2.290s

1/4.......12.420s

ET.........126.76mph

My best 60' time of the day was 2.132s, incidentally, but the 1/4 time was 12.56s (see above for reason...). Getting better but there's still room for improvement. :cool:

Edited by DaveR (see edit history)

Yes and yes. :) I got to use my rear towing eye, not quite how it's intended of course (to tow rather than be towed) but still... good stuff! :D

I matched my best time and ET from Santa Pod last month - without the benefit of Syvecs launch control, which is playing up for some reason :blink: - but despite knocking a couple of tenths off my 60' time I still wasn't ENTIRELY satisfied. I'm still convinced that given the right launch, Suki will run an 11... I have a minor issue at the moment with my DASH2 display in that the high boost warning is a bit too sensitive, so it flashes at 1.7bar - the problem being that the warning is the last 2 LEDs of the shift light sequence and that of course, if I'm hitting 1.7bar, it means I'm very nearly at the rev limit in whichever given gear, so the end result is that I'm short shifting rather than getting right up to just before the limiter. VERY frustrating!!

60'.......2.290s

1/4.......12.420s

ET.........126.76mph

My best 60' time of the day was 2.132s, incidentally, but the 1/4 time was 12.56s (see above for reason...). Getting better but there's still room for improvement. :cool:

Still not a bad time! The car can run better though :) - I'll let you know what times dad runs at Japshow if we get a chance to get on the strip :)

60'.......2.290s

1/4.......12.420s

ET.........126.76mph

With a serious launch there is a possible 10 in there, my first 10 was a 10.9 at 126mph, same terminal as you.

You would need drag wheels to do it though, that's a terrible 60ft time.

With a serious launch there is a possible 10 in there, my first 10 was a 10.9 at 126mph, same terminal as you.

You would need drag wheels to do it though, that's a terrible 60ft time.

Yup... :( It's REALLY frustrating too, given the ET. I know it's entirely the fleshy part behind the wheel holding things back rather than anything mechanical, because the car just FLIES after the first 60' and pretty much passes whatever is next to me (not EVERYTHING, but most...).

- - - Updated - - -

What RPM was you launching today?

~3k.

60'.......2.290s

1/4.......12.420s

ET.........126.76mph

Well done Dave, gotta love Club spirit! and that's a still a pretty good time, and as for the fleshy part behind the steering wheel letting the side down, all you need is a bit more practice mate and I'm sure you'll get her into the 11's :D

Yup... :( It's REALLY frustrating too, given the ET. I know it's entirely the fleshy part behind the wheel holding things back rather than anything mechanical, because the car just FLIES after the first 60' and pretty much passes whatever is next to me (not EVERYTHING, but most...).

- - - Updated - - -

~3k.

It did bloody launch once passed the 60ft, it just pulled, pulled and pulled!!

And Dave you did hit 11's but it was the ones your tyres left behind :D

Was a great day concidering all the issues first thing. First the drag wheels not fitting over the calipers, then the misfire which turned out to be an injector wire. Then the ecu vac pipe splitting, on top of an autobox that really didn't like changing up without bouncing off the limiter several times. Over all best time was 12.051. So close to 11s.

Unfortunately that wasn't then end of the bad luck, having decided I liked doing burnouts my MT streets felt differently, one picked up a puncture and the other is down to the cord. So that rules me out for tomorrow :( unless someone as a pair of 26 or 27x10x15 slicks?

Was a great day concidering all the issues first thing. First the drag wheels not fitting over the calipers, then the misfire which turned out to be an injector wire. Then the ecu vac pipe splitting, on top of an autobox that really didn't like changing up without bouncing off the limiter several times. Over all best time was 12.051. So close to 11s.

Unfortunately that wasn't then end of the bad luck, having decided I liked doing burnouts my MT streets felt differently, one picked up a puncture and the other is down to the cord. So that rules me out for tomorrow :( unless someone as a pair of 26 or 27x10x15 slicks?

Well done on the time matey and thanks for sorting out the day - I had a great time! :cool: We all got the retrospective discount on the gate when we left, by the way. Apologies for not saying goodbye but you were still in 'man on a mission' mode and lining up for what I'm guessing must have been your 50th or so run of the day! :D

Also, given the amount of smoke each time you lined up, I'm not particularly surprised your tyres have given up! Hope you can find something to get back on it today. :)

Finally home, just want to thank all the lads again for their help trying to get me home, the club spirit is great here! Will have a look at it tomorrow and get a better idea what's going on with it, the real kicker is that I lost my race against Littler by 0.04 of a second!! :(

Glad you made it ok buddy - that's not TOO much of an obnoxious time to get back either given everything. Good luck with the fix. :)

Dave: there's definitely a 10 in there with LOADS more practice and probably a different driver who knows what he's doing!

Adi: fixed it for you... ;) :D

Here are a couple of pics I took on the day. Wish I'd taken more, really, but you know how it is...

This is the wrong flag, of course, but still looks pretty :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=170841&d=1370806954

The Biebs post-issues, hooked-up and about to be towed out...

attachment.php?attachmentid=170842&d=1370806954

IMG_1004a.jpg

IMG_1007a.jpg