The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Could i de-value my car ? Photoshop Guru may help.

skyline1

Leave as is!

Although black is the best colour...closely followed by Anthracite!:sly:

Did consider Anthracite too as I know it would make you jealous . :D

Nah whatever I do it will be the end of the year or next year just before it comes back on the road.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh it would be a good job , I'd use the same guy that has done all the smoothing over of the boot lid and all my other paint work so know I'd be getting a good job done at a good price too.

I take it all the windows are coming out and completely stripped, does

your mate have a booth

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Guest Nicholas

I like white but I do think it's the in color at the moment, a bitch to clean too and IMO black looks far better clean and waxed.

Guest Nicholas
It would be so much cheaper to swap the car for a black one, a proper respray will end up costing £4k+

Finding a V reg facelift Tiptronic Black supra would be hard!

Guest Nicholas
Jurgen has 99 vvti in Black on its way from Japan in the classifieds section

Just seen that, but that one aside how many have you seen? I can honestly say I've not seen more than a hand full 99' Supra's for sale in the past 12 months.

Just seen that, but that one aside how many have you seen? I can honestly say I've not seen more than a hand full 99' Supra's for sale in the past 12 months.

That's my point exactly , would I be ruining my V reg supra for repainting it just for my own benefit? I've not seen many come up for sale either on such a late model.

Guest Nicholas
That's my point exactly , would I be ruining my V reg supra for repainting it just for my own benefit? I've not seen many come up for sale either on such a late model.

I honestly doubt it would affect resale value, at the same time though it would be a shame to change the color of a rare late car. Yours also looks very clean, imo the black 99 tiptronic for sale doesn't from the pictures.

I think it all comes down to if you see it as a keeper? If you don't then keep it white.

That looks amazing mate , especially the first picture in the paint booth , looks like sheet glass, what colour did it used to be?

The car originally was black toyota 202 but in the past 7 years it has been painted 3 times, gold with pearl, black with lots of metallic flake, and now back to its original toyota black 202 which i love to bits since its non metallic its a very deep black..! I have since lighten the tints of the front windows too, I am just waiting for some fab work we are doing for a flat bottom plus some other bits and pieces before sending it to the trimmers for a 'dirty white/cream full cabin retrim..! Should contrast nicely with the black... :)

The car originally was black toyota 202 but in the past 7 years it has been painted 3 times, gold with pearl, black with lots of metallic flake, and now back to its original toyota black 202 which i love to bits since its non metallic its a very deep black..! I have since lighten the tints of the front windows too, I am just waiting for some fab work we are doing for a flat bottom plus some other bits and pieces before sending it to the trimmers for a 'dirty white/cream full cabin retrim..! Should contrast nicely with the black... :)

Lol three times in 7 years ! Couldn't you decide on a black?

im a photoshop guru, and have also been looking for a facelift tt in white for a long time, ive ended up with a gunmetal one, a colour that wernt even on my wishlist. what is the white lacking for you? aggression, stealth?

I always wanted a black one when I was looking but when this one came along with the spec and overall condition I couldn't turn it down. I've modded the car nicely I think but I think it does lack some aggression and stealth , if it was black I think it would complete the car .

Lol three times in 7 years ! Couldn't you decide on a black?

The previous owner was whom painted the car 2x she was Russian and had a really wacky taste, but luckily lots of money so there was some really nice parts and I only needed to do some cosmetic changes to have it looking the way I like it.

I always wanted a black one when I was looking but when this one came along with the spec and overall condition I couldn't turn it down. I've modded the car nicely I think but I think it does lack some aggression and stealth , if it was black I think it would complete the car .

Funny, how I often think about what my car would look like in white... black & white is supra's best colour..! the argument is between good & good..! :D

• 1 year later...

I'd say keep it white for as long as possible, and if you reeeeeaally want to go black then go for it... But you wont ever go back! ;)

Seriously though, dents, scuffs and scratches show up on black cars FAR more than any other color which means you'd be spending a lot of time keeping it perfect, but if you're willing to put in the effort then I'm sure the outcome will be flawless :D I personally think a white Supra looks the best, but that's coming from a person who has a white Supra. Quite biased really. At the end of the day, go for whatever color you want! :cool: