The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi Everyone - potential Supra Owner

Guest Cravo15

Guest Cravo15

Friend of mine who lives in Durham is going to have a look at the one in North Shields for me over the weekend and report back.

The crack on the rear bumper on the one I linked above put me off a little.

Guest Cravo15

Scrap that last post.

White NA for me. Test driving one over the weekend and if I feel good in it I will sign up for full membership.

Having been on CCUK for a fair while and being staff over there I totally understand people's reactions to noobs and saw a post earlier saying a seller wouldn't answer noobs as the club needs to keep running so that's fair enough totally get that :thumbs:

Scrap that last post.

White NA for me. Test driving one over the weekend and if I feel good in it I will sign up for full membership.

Having been on CCUK for a fair while and being staff over there I totally understand people's reactions to noobs and saw a post earlier saying a seller wouldn't answer noobs as the club needs to keep running so that's fair enough totally get that :thumbs:

What is your budget? (Iirc it was 4k) if so then yeah you should be able to find a auto tt for that if your patient and have the cash ready to buy when one comes up for sale because if one comes up at that price then it will be snapped up quickly, but dont expect a super clean one for that money expect one that needs a bit of tidying

Guest Cravo15

Thanks for the responses guys. I think on my budget of £3-4k I would rather spend £3k on an NA in good condition and have £1k for subtle mods than blow the lot on something that needs further work doing. Save up for a bit and then go TT in a year or two ;)

There's a white one in the classifieds with the Vielside kit that I would have been interested in at the price he was after but I don't like the veilside rear wing or front bumper unfortunately.

Anyway no rush I'm sure ill find something in budget and I do have my heart set on white so will wait and see :)

Hi Guys

I am a moderator over on CCUK

ooh, hello there sir, ex moderator here ;) fellow ex celica owner- heres a pic of my ones, 5th and 2nd gen:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/2671_62583889734_6341451_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/317036_10150401007274735_1072843467_n.jpg

i miss them both! like your seven and love that gen six earlier in this thread too :)

4K should find you a nice NA. I'm not sure what "top end" NA's go for, but if you can get a V161 6 speed NA then it wouldn't be as much work making a TT6 or NAT in the future from the same car? just an idea.

i managed to get an early low mileage w58 5 speed na for much cheaper than your budget, and I love the driving experience. like others have said as long as the geo is good and there are no cheap nasty tyres, the back should be nice and planted, I only had one un-provoked "moment" so far in mine, but it was very wet and it had cheap tyres on that came with the car back then. infact it was soon after i got it, so i think i can put that one down to the driver ;)

Good luck with your search and keep us posted :)

• 2 weeks later...