The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T turbo & manifold advice

Tsia

just need a #2 HT lead part number is oin the club NAT section

Trouble is it won't match the 5 other leads then ;)

There are two types of dizzy cap for the 4runner. Make sure that you get the one with ALL of the connections offset otherwise you wont gain any extra space. I know because I made the mistake myself.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]167275[/ATTACH]

Ouch, thanks. I've seen the post somewhere with the part number for that, I'll hunt it down. :)

Exactly. As above soon as you can map out the timing spike you can run higer boost, your problem is then fueling with the stock 330s, buy some 450s and a resistor box (coupled with a fuel pump) you can run 14psi easy

Previously I mentioned I dis-agreed with your comment. My thoughts were not only heat control with knock and flow issues such as intake and exhaust gases but the general setup.

Since some events of yesterday I believe hitting 14psi isn't that unrealisic as it seems. I just wanted to hold my hands up and say I hadn't done as much research as I thought. It looked like I was flaming your comment, just wanted to say I wasn't and was just adding what I had learnt and read. I'm the first to admit where I was wrong or hastey to question some information :)

I will explain all soon, but your comment was indeed correct that the injectors would be the limiting factor on 14psi, but as I mentioned other considerations would need to be looked at.

Noz, no worries, i know alot of people on here have more information and depth of knowlege than me so i will bow out when i am given conflicting advice on the same matter. Thanks for the clarification though, fingers crossed i should be ready for a mapping session later this month, just need to wire the emanage and AFR gauge on mine then good for a first start, fingers crossed as shes been stood for a while now.

Noz, no worries, i know alot of people on here have more information and depth of knowlege than me so i will bow out when i am given conflicting advice on the same matter. Thanks for the clarification though, fingers crossed i should be ready for a mapping session later this month, just need to wire the emanage and AFR gauge on mine then good for a first start, fingers crossed as shes been stood for a while now.

My comment was just to appologise for perhaps looking like an idiot shouting my mouth off, I should of re-read the way in which I wrote it :) We are here to learn and share information. Where you planning to get yours mapped?

hrmmmm well. im in lincs area and it seems its pretty limited on clued up tuners in our area. my only hope was Thor down in Cov but i did see a post bringing there work into question but beggers cant be choosers i suppose

hrmmmm well. im in lincs area and it seems its pretty limited on clued up tuners in our area. my only hope was Thor down in Cov but i did see a post bringing there work into question but beggers cant be choosers i suppose

My advice to you is ignore tuner location. Tuner selection should be made on what outcome you want for your engine.

I've always driven at least 4 hours for a tune. It's always been worth it. Well, the last one was anyway lol.

i dont mind the distance to the tuner its just knowing whos good at what i would happily take another if they are recomended.

I'd recommend Austec. I left their yesterday. The best tuning experience I've ever had.

emailed austec as nottingham is about 1.5 hours from me so hopefully they will be able and willing to tune/setup her. I am tempted to have a play with the Innovate and the AF target maps with emanage see if i can get a half decent tune and learn some more

emailed austec as nottingham is about 1.5 hours from me so hopefully they will be able and willing to tune/setup her. I am tempted to have a play with the Innovate and the AF target maps with emanage see if i can get a half decent tune and learn some more

go for it, as long as you take it step by step, and stay safely rich

i mapped mine with an innovate afr, and the innovate lm-2 afr datalogger and laptop hooked up

road mapping gives a wider range of loading situations, and aslong as your not silly you could learn a bit and have a fairly decent base map