The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who's interested in the possibility of cheaper insurance?

Matt Harwood

Originally posted by toyotasuprauk

Paul £2791 are you mad!

Rosie is there something your not telling us about your car, is it finished?

If not why pay £1800 whilst its being worked on?

Dont take this the wrong way but if I were you I'd wait till the big day to insure it.

:cool:

No, but what I need to do is get a policy and suspend it, this is for a number of reasons.

There seems to be issues with getting "new" quotes from companies (due to this mkiv from mk3 update thingy) and it's been suggested that the only reason I'm getting a quote from Tesco is because I'm already insured with them.

Plus, if I leave it I am no longer picking up NCB. So, if I don't take the policy then I run the risk of not finding anyone to insure me, or if they will at about £3000, and not building up NCB so therefore not reducing my premium next year much.

I want to be able to get a phone call saying "collect your car on x day" and be able to go and get it, not spend 2 weeks on the phone trying to get it covered.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by attilauk

rosie have you tried HIC on 08451 290 290 they boast they will cover anyone on anything, mods aren't a problem as they don't see anything other than a big power hike as a mod:)

just wondering, they have been good for me in the past:thumbs:

I don't think so- will try in a minute though :cool: thanks

LV- I needed to be 25 but otherwise they sound amazing.

Right I live in or near Bournemouth and could actually go into their offices in holdenhurst road if thats any help. My insurance is also due next month and as tesco's have finally realised that my car is a mk4 not a mk3 and I will have done a TT conversion to it then I will be looking to somewhere like dorset insurance group to help me out. Let me know if I can help here.

Summary for those who don't want to read the whole thing:

Matt tried to get group insurance for all us Supra owners and at one time it was looking like Dorset Insurance would do it (as they do deals for the MR2 and GT-4 owner's clubs), but alas...

Originally posted by Matt Harwood

After many, many phone calls and promises of returned phone calls from a girl called Sarah, (who, after the first few calls, was always busy when I phoned), and no-one else could do anything because she was the one that dealt with clubs... I gave up.:(

Apart from anything else, IMO, they'd have been a nightmare if you'd ever needed to make a claim!

However... the forums moderators have this on their list of things to do, so there will be an definite effort to get some group insurance for the club at some point in the future.