The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who's interested in the possibility of cheaper insurance?

Matt Harwood

hey that real good m8... mine is £1000 > I do it through my wife who has 7 years protected no claims at 31. At 33 with three years no claims they quote me ni on £2000. My new TD5 is just over £400 .... urrrr.....the TD5 is worth £20,000 more than the SUP? and they tend to get handpicked by thieves for Europe and the mid east!

logic anyone!:looney:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mid'lifecry'sis

I do it through my wife who has 7 years protected no claims at 31. At 33 with three years no claims they quote me ni on £2000

That's ridiculous. How the hell do Tesco decide on their quotes?

OK I'm a bit older than you (37yo) an dUI've got 4years NCD but I've also got one current SP50 (3 points) and I was banned for a year starting Sep 97, although they apparently don't care about that because it's more tha 5 years ago(even though it's gotta stay on my license for 10 years)

Beats me, still I'm happy. It usually works the other way around for me, eveyone else gets the good deals and I miss out. :)

Just like to register my interest in this.

Bought my aerotop on Monday and continued my insurance with Tesco's uptil the 29th June as I couldn't be arsed to go through all the hassle of starting new insurance.

So put me down on the list as a very interested owner :D

• 1 month later...

Mid, other car groups get it at discount, plus things like teack day cover for free.

And at what point can you haggle with an insurance company, I could see that now:

"Right Mr Mid, your new yearly premium works out to £1500", "sod that, tell ya what call it £1350 and you have a deal", "err, thanks for your call Mr Mid, see you around", and the phone would be put down on ya followed by hesterics of laughter. ;)

• 1 year later...

After many, many phone calls and promises of returned phone calls from a girl called Sarah, (who, after the first few calls, was always busy when I phoned), and no-one else could do anything because she was the one that dealt with clubs... I gave up.:(

Apart from anything else, IMO, they'd have been a nightmare if you'd ever needed to make a claim!

Originally posted by Matt Harwood

After many, many phone calls and promises of returned phone calls from a girl called Sarah, (who, after the first few calls, was always busy when I phoned), and no-one else could do anything because she was the one that dealt with clubs... I gave up.:(

Apart from anything else, IMO, they'd have been a nightmare if you'd ever needed to make a claim!

Ive heard there pretty crap these days and as Michael has already said about the MR2 guys the GT-Four Owners Club are getting stuffed on renewal.

Not worth pursuing IMO.

Ive just taken out insurance on a J-spec 1997 Supra with Norwich Union.

I have 0 years NCB (as was named driver) and have declared alloys (at an extra £221 FFS) BUT they dont add a premium on for RLTC which is nice. Total £2791 FFS FFS FFS FFS!!!

Sometihng to watch out for is that their online quote facility didnt have the option to add mods, but when I recieved the certificate through the post mods where stated as "None".

Still, after some of the guys experience here its probably best to declare everything :(

I suggest Liverpol Victoria, but you may need to be over 30 (I know you do for Scoobies)

My current price is £729 fully comp, Jap import TT (UK was only £550)

IIRC, this includes any mods, except larger capacity engine, trackday cover (but not time trials or racing), business use, does not stipulate any alarm/mobiliser and can be parked anywhere overnight.

Anyone else use LV, any bad experiences?

J:)