The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto or manual

Guest Balf86

In addition to this I know you have now edited your original post to read more than just the unnecessary sarcastic comment you made.

Nope, if I edited the post it would say so at the bottom of the post.

Also the link to the search results was for the benefit of the OP.

I honestly believe the search on here is a huge asset to this site, if you have you ever tried searching for something on Pistonheads forums you will know exactly what I mean. There is even a sticky thread in the new members section explaining how to use the search effectively, I'm sure it's ignored by most new members, but what more can the mods do to get people to use it?

OP, bought a manual yet?

(Advanced) Search is good, but was even better in the old version.

A minor annoyance is 'relevance' as the default thread listing, I'm not even sure how relevance is measured?

Another large issue is that if I search for a word say cambelt with list all posts and username say Scooter I only get threads started by me and not all threads where i've made a post with cambelt in. (I was searching for a cambelt pic I think i posted in a thread I didn't start)

Anyway a bit off topic...

Auto's are good, manuals are better for doughnuts, the track and the ego (pub) :)

This one:http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?229299-Asap-help-timing-belt-supra-tt/page2&highlight=cambelt+scooter

pic one shows its a new belt :)

pic two shows the smooth to slice/gap change just like your belt.

pic three shows its extensive! (The side of mine has more with a gap than a completely smooth rubber)

Nope, if I edited the post it would say so at the bottom of the post.

If this is the case then my apologies on that part. My tapatalk app has been playing up on my phone as of recent with regards to only showing some of the post when people post. This is the second time it's happened that I have noticed.

My brother bought the mk4 tt at the same time that i bought my car, 1995, he still has it in cotton wool, it's also been to chris wilson, i have driven it in the iom, super grunt, BUT NOT KEEN ON THE AUTO BIT, i like to drive, my car is manual, and put some wheel spin on when there is an audience.

So i can soldier on or bite the bullit and buy a black tt manual, this car has to be black, IMHO, and has to be manual. There are some nice examples on this site but it is £20k for the right one. herbiemercman.

Edited by herbiemercman (see edit history)

I want a manual but my Supra wasn't available in RHD manual. I'm getting used to the auto box and its a really nice drive, much better than a 2012 Corvette C6 with an auto box that I've driven. I will eventually end up with a 6 speed as miss the involvement of changing gears and being in control

Guest stevenm

Ive recently bought a Supra TT. Its my first Supra and my first Auto box in any car ive owned. I was in two minds whether to buy an Auto or stick to a Manual but glad i chose Auto. Extremely pleased with how relaxing and smooth it is to drive and always thought auto's revved higher in each gear than manuals but actually can change gear at similar rpm to a manual if your gentle with the accelerator.:)