The mkiv Supra Owners Club

South West JAP FEST Convoy 11th May 2013.

ant141

• 1 month later...

I was speaking to Noz about you guys meeting up with us at the Severn View Services on the M48. Its 6 miles out of your way, but it would double the convoy size, and last year we avoided the horrendous queues ;)

Thread here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?284869-S-Wales-Japfest-convoy

For you to meet us at the services on the m48 at 0715, you would have to leave Exeter no later than 0600, but iirc that was what time you were meant to leave Exeter last year?

Obviously, its up to you guys to discuss, but the option is there for all to see.

Can't you just organise it for us and tell us where we should be at what time. We couldn't run a bath if truth be told.

I was speaking to Noz about you guys meeting up with us at the Severn View Services on the M48. Its 6 miles out of your way, but it would double the convoy size, and last year we avoided the horrendous queues ;)

Thread here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?284869-S-Wales-Japfest-convoy

For you to meet us at the services on the m48 at 0715, you would have to leave Exeter no later than 0600, but iirc that was what time you were meant to leave Exeter last year?

Obviously, its up to you guys to discuss, but the option is there for all to see.

I already did lol all depends if you all want to join us or not ;)

If you (The whole SW "Crew" ;)) want to meet with the South Wales convoy, then I'm happy to work out timings for you to make it work.

I would just need to know a few things to get it right.

1- Main meeting points (Obviously Exeter will be one, Taunton Services? Gordano? Bridgewater? etc) This way I can adjust the original meeting time at Exeter to allow for pick ups on the way.

2- Someone to head up the meet at Exeter Services, and lead the convoy to the M48 Services (DownImpact will lead it from there, as he knows a quieter way into Castle Combe ;))

3- I can use Noz as a point of contact as I have his mobile number anyway, but a second number (Robzki? ;)) would be useful in case I cant get hold of Noz while you are on route.

I think thats about it.

So, if everyone puts their name in a list, and where they would prefer to meet the convoy, then I can get cracking on sorting times for you all :)

For example:

1. Robzki - Exeter

If anyone wants to meet and convoy to exeter from North Devon or elsewhere, then just organise that for yourselves, it will become too much hassle for me otherwise, trying to get multiple convoys to converge on one place. Doing it for two convoys is enough ;)

Taunton Deane Services (north bound) would be best.

With a stop there, this is how the timings stand.

Meet at Exeter Moto Services - 0530

Leave Exeter Moto Services. - 0545

Arrive Taunton Deane Services (N) - 0610

Leave Taunton Deane Services (N) - 0620

Arrive Severn View Services (M48 W) - 0710

Leave Severn View Services (M48 W) - 0730

Arrive Castle Combe - 0805 (Last year, the gates opened at 0800 for club stand pass holders)

I'll update/adjust timings for any extra stops required.

Remember, if a stop gets added, then the Exeter start time will get earlier.

To that end, if you can get to Exeter, Taunton Deane North, or straight to Severn View, it would benefit the lot meeting in Exeter, as some of them will have a 0430 start to get to Exeter as it is.

Edited by listy (see edit history)

We can meet at sourton again if you like Brett, We can sort the times etc closer to the time. If Stickygecko(Chris) can get out of bed on time we may not have to rush this time :)

Rob

Hi Rob, yeah that will ideal to meet you at sourton again and yeah hopefully not rush this time and have your smoke this time :) lol.

Any more requests for stops?

I'll give it until the end of the month for any adjustment.

Come the 1st of May, I will publish a new thread with confirmed timings and meeting points. Any requests after the 30th April won't be taken into consideration, as I don't want to have last minute time changes. This is for everyone's benefit, so no one has to change plans.

Tiverton Services?

That would make the timings as follows:

Meet at Exeter Moto Services - 0530

Leave Exeter Moto Services. - 0540

Arrive Tiverton Services - 0555

Leave Tiverton Services - 0605

Arrive Taunton Deane Services (N) - 0615

Leave Taunton Deane Services (N) - 0625

Arrive Severn View Services (M48 W) - 0715

Leave Severn View Services (M48 W) - 0730

Arrive Castle Combe - 0800

I've knocked the stops down to 10 minutes, to keep a 0530 meet at Exeter.

I'm thinking any more stops will make it too early for those meeting at Exeter.

Besides that, there's is only:

Cullompton (may as well meet at Exeter)

Bridgewater (may as well meet at Taunton Deane)

Sedgemoor and Gordano (may as well go straight to Severn View M48)

I also need a volunteer that will be meeting at Exeter, to control the convoy timings.

Any takers?

how many people are there so far on this? I don't know whether to take my name off the main convoy list and do this one or not. Makes more sense for me fuel wise.

So far its a total of 8 from the M48 Services.

Possibly still a few more left to add on.

:bump:

Any volunteers for controlling the Exeter Convoy? It wont work without someone controlling the leaving times and the drive up.

Also, can we get confirmed names and meet locations sorted, so everyone knows who is meant to be where, so people dont get left behind.