The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to get a hold of the 2nd cat?

DonDavidson

I have never heard of a NA being listed on UK database, cant you ask them to show you?

Even if you do go down the road of fitting a cat, you dont need a Lambda sensor, the wires you are talking about are for the cat overheat sensor which you don't need to worry about for the test. The NA has 2 Lambda sensors, in the 2 away legs of the exhaust manifiold, they are single wire non heated type. If your garage are telling you that you need the Lambda sensor in the second cat and that its been removed, take your car somewhere else asap. The Lambda sensors can be seen in this picture, bear in mind on your car the heat shield will be hiding them.

The offer still stands if you want to borrow mine, but its a lot of work and expense for no reason.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the info, the guy seems pretty stubborn but he is checking out his computer or whatever it was just now.

Unfortunately the garage is based just outside of the city and obviously they have my car so i dont think i can get them to show me, i wouldn't normally put my car somewhere so difficult to get to but with it being a family friend and all that i figured it would be worth the slight amount of extra hassle.

If he calls back and tells me there are more problems then i will try and get him to take a look at this page thread and hope he realises he is going wrong somewhere.

Thanks again for all the help i hope to have this all sorted out by this evening and will update on how i get on.

Just got a text saying "car ready 2 pick up", no explanation of what the hell they were doing wrong or apologies for having the car for 3-4 weeks longer than they should have.

Cheers for the help/info guys, and all the offers of lending me a Cat (meow) aswell.

It's good to see first hand how people in this OC look out for each other and hopefully i'll get to see some of you at a meet soon!