The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Deans- Engine Bay makeover!- DAW Style

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got alot done last night. I have 3 parts with me today which ill try and get mirror polished. My aim is to get 2-3 items mirror polished a day to meet the time schedule i have set. Im going to be leaving the inlet side till last, so im focusing on the turbo tidy up and main engine at the moment.

Turbo intake is masked up now, to prevent any crap getting in.

Couple of strip down pics, not great pics :) but thats how i roll!

attachment.php?attachmentid=163753&stc=1&d=1359538939

attachment.php?attachmentid=163754&stc=1&d=1359538939

2013-01-29 22.41.19.jpg

2013-01-29 22.41.38.jpg

How much? I need one!!!!! :D

Mirror polished alternator done but finished as i want to send the back plate/cover to the powder coaters for some purple love.. also want to detail the front of the alternator with purple nail varnish :blink:, trust me on this guys! :D

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=163764&stc=1&d=1359554403

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=163765&stc=1&d=1359554403

Is the nail varnish from your private collection? ;)

This is looking good, and the spark plug cover looks :drool:

You going to be selling those polished spark plug covers Rob!?

Yeah mate, got a few tasty things in the pipeline. Ill sort some threads out after this build, as im really in the zone and dont have time :D.

Im going to still use the front of the stock cover to protect the belt ect, just got to mark it up and cut about

Nice edit Rob lol

I think it is important to add some context to this "tidy up", I have agreed a budget with Rob, a good budget but a budget none the less so there will be some restrictions to what is and is not in scope, I am however very confident that it will look great and if the budget was raised the finish would be reflective ( excuse the pun), as many on here with show quality bays know it is a massive labour of love and expense, I am not looking for a show bay, just a bay that does not embarrass me when the bonnet is opened

Nice edit Rob lol

I think it is important to add some context to this "tidy up", I have agreed a budget with Rob, a good budget but a budget none the less so there will be some restrictions to what is and is not in scope, I am however very confident that it will look great and if the budget was raised the finish would be reflective ( excuse the pun), as many on here with show quality bays know it is a massive labour of love and expense, I am not looking for a show bay, just a bay that does not embarrass me when the bonnet is opened

Yeah its got to be done mate, ill send the top water neck to Lee tomorrow Dean as i have huge ammounts to get on with.

Ill look after you mate dont worry, we will have this bay looking great. You have a nice budget to play with and im confident we can see her in some shows this year getting lots of attention. By the way your seats are now in my car! :)

Mocked the custom heatsheild for the turbo side tonight, going to get it made in the best grade stainless i can... plus fit it using purple bolts. Going to attempt gettiing that crank pulley off tomorrow evening too! thats the only thing stopping me from getting some paint on these plastic covers!... in desperate need for thermosleeve too but Lee is sending me 2 metres of that.

Doing a engine loom tidy up now too Dean :D and a vaccum pipe hide :D, got to be done.

Mocked the custom heatsheild for the turbo side tonight, going to get it made in the best grade stainless i can... plus fit it using purple bolts. Going to attempt gettiing that crank pulley off tomorrow evening too! thats the only thing stopping me from getting some paint on these plastic covers!... in desperate need for thermosleeve too but Lee is sending me 2 metres of that.

Doing a engine loom tidy up now too Dean :D and a vaccum pipe hide :D, got to be done.

Rob's on fire. Like your style mate.