mawby

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

Guys Im real sorry but I can only pick you up in the afternnon in Exeter.

To do that I will need the leaders mobile number or others in main convoy so I can phone you and meet up on A30

I am determined to meet some of you its soo lonely down here :(

can you pm me numbers please

ta

If people are not starting at chieveley services could you please state where you intend joining the convoy, to avoid any necessary delays. Please PM mobile if you don't mind,as this may become very helpfull on the day. I will do likewise. It's a shame more names aren't down as this is a great day for convoying around with other Supras.

To those who are coming, I'am Looking forward to tomorrow as it seems the bad weather has now past, and should make for a rearly fun day!

Andy :thumbs: :thumbs: :cool:

Just remember to get some decent photos and post them up so I can see what I missed out on!

Also, remember, if it is wet then take care on the Dunster to Exeter back roads! Excellent roads to drive but with rocks one side and a cliff the other you need to be careful!

Echo Cornimac... What’s the details of the Eastern convoy, dependant on the route I'm sure there's a load of local people who will be interested... might be able to round up a fair few members (and non-members) if this is going our way. Please give as much notice as possible, 3 weeks is REALLY cutting it fine!!

Seems to me that at most meets it would be useful to have members mobile numbers.

Saves time waiting for people who arn't coming or have been delayed.

I'm going to start a "Members Contact Numbers" thread in the Members Only bit of the site.....

You can get mine there for today if you need it.

See ya soon (weathers not bad)....

Guest GRIM REAPER

YEA ILL BE THERE AT THE EASTERN GUMBALL, START TO FINISH AS A GUMBALL VIRGIN I CANT WAIT TO GET THE OLD CHERRY POPPED, BE GENTLE.

ID HAVE BEEN ON THE WESTERN ONE BUT ITS TODAY. ILL KEEP AN EYEBALL FOR ROUTE DETAILS. :flame:

Just a note to say, hope you had a good Gumball yesterday "20th".

Was a little worried with Gatso jumping up and down waving at me thinking I was Mr T :lol: Seems I should go on this forum more often to find out on local events, so :oops: sorry.

Had a word with the mrs, we will try and make the september one if thats alright :)

Nice meeting you guys, very friendly bunch. :respekt:

Lee, route was fine but the traffic was diabolical, we had to take 2 detours from route, first detour after leaving Dunster we took a B road to avoid traffic which was great and we'll have to remember that road for the next one, unfortunately we were so engrossed in the drive that nobody got any film or photo's of it but it was nice and twisty and FAST! Second detour was at the end, we missed off/changed the last bit of the route, instead we backtracked up the A30 to the M5, up a few junctions and off again on the A30 East to the A303, all along the A303 to the A360 and then down into Salisbury at about 8.00pm and stopped at a Brewersfaire (The Bishopsdown) for a meal before going our separate ways home, we walked in our front door at 10.30pm after first leaving it at 07.45am that morning.

We saw 6 other Supra's on route including MrSupra^^^^^^.

I did the whole of that route on approx 1 tank of gas. I think the TT boy's faired a little worse. :p

I'll edit this post in a bit to add some photo's.

So did you guys complete the Gumball or called it a day early? What was the route like? Was the traffic OK? Come on! Details and photos!

mawby, there's a thread started in Supra chat http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=45374

Unfortunately we gate-crashed a Citroen Xsara Picasso meet at Chievely :tongue: sorry for poor quality, captured off video camera

J

Cap0002.JPG

I did the whole of that route on approx 1 tank of gas. I think the TT boy's faired a little worse. :p

Laz, I filled up when I left, and when I got home (light was on, and I desperately looking for garage on back roads!!). I managed 296 miles on 62ltrs so thats...just calculating... 21.6 mpg (I think). How many miles you do?

J

As usual, brilliant day out.....

Thanks to Mr T and Susan for the superb leadership (Mawby should be getting worried) !

Nice to meet the "usual suspects" as well as a few new faces (see new thread "Common Supra's 2").

Nice roads, nice weather, nice cars, nice meal and very nice people...

Thanx all.

Gerry n Soo

Thanks to everyone for making it a great day out, also thanks again to Mawby for the route, such a shame you both could not make it this year.

I have posted more comments & 14 pic's on the Supra Chat section, under the Western Gumball Pic's. :)