The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on Trackday preparation please

Sheefa

I intend on doing more trackdays in 2013, I've got a stripped and caged MX5 to do them in because it won't go fast enough to crash properly and if it goes wrong it's buttons to fix. All the above is going to be excellent advice, especially the bit about consistency and not monstering it everywhere banzai stylee.

I'm a bugger in karting for nailing a tricky corner and then cocking up the next three easy ones because I'm so busy congratulating myself :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

Bump! Holy thread revival batman! I'm doing a track day at Oulton Park tomorrow so been searching for some track day prep advice. Wise words from Mr C Wilson here! Worth a bump for others.

Still undecided which car to go in given the noise limits and my supra setup :(

Hope the bar is open, don't listen to the detractors, a pint at lunchtime is absolutely fine to boost the sugar levels :) Some of my best races were won in a state where a breath test might have been marginal

I think I may have found my true calling lol :D

I think I may have found my true calling lol :D

You've been doing that for years you liar......

Best advice for a trackday, use someone elses car lol.

Damn right, I'm still buzzing from today. Thanks to your bro it was absolutely brilliant and I'm in love with his car :)

Just read this and had a little head scratch when I saw I'd already replied....then I realised that was almost 4 years ago! Lol

Sorry mate, you are aging though so to be fair you'll be doing it soon ;)

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

You can have some laps in mine mate, get Silverstone booked 1st November.

Do you know what mate that would be great. I'm definitely going to do more next year and get my car sorted. I have the serious bug for it now :) Just coming along as a passenger would be great mate so I can start learning the tracks properly.