The mkiv Supra Owners Club

no grip

TBDevelopments

Stock wheels running 235 front bridgestone sneeker (never heard of them) and 265 rear falken fk452. One suspension mod is HSD coilovers running on soft dampening.

This sound normal for the conditions and the car? just doesn't give any confidence at the moment.

Tim

Lookup "Ecopia Sneaker" on google..............they are a Eco/low rolling resistance design, I would say totally unsuitable for the Supra for anyone even mildly enthusiastic about driving and certainly in these conditions.

I think you need to do the following :

1. Tyre Research

2. Get the geometry checked

I always found my Supra to handle really well (despite what some people say about them)... I'd say it was not far off my 911 in terms of grip. Sounds like there's something wrong with your setup somewhere. Find a locally recommended place and get it checked out.

I run 1.2 bar bpu also and this is my findings:

Your second turbo should kick around 4krpm not 5krpm and lower with more load, ie sixth gear mine kicks about 3.5-3.6krpm.

I get zero under steer unless pushing it into a tight damp corner/frost etc.

The rears light up in wet In gears 1-2-3-4 when second turbo comes online however in the dry barely spins in second gear with no clutch kick.

I'm running 275 rears on 18's with hsds and a lance fast road geo.

Yours sounds all over the show IMO so is get your geo checked and your tyre pressures looked at.

My old supra used to be similar to what you described when the geo was out on that using a similar setup but with bilsteins and Eibachs.

If you need any settings or help just drop me a pm :)

see guys got something to play with now, just looking for comparisons really. the power sounds about right with you as it has been damp here so the 1 though 4th is about right then. I never clutch kick anyway so its not aggressive driving its just progressive and like you say when the 2nd comes on they light up.

And i think the front is just down to these stupidly hard japanese tires.

Geo is set to perfect either before or after the coilovers but going from the dates it looks like after, even with the coilovers changes its only really going to be the camber which will adjust so wouldn't be that far out anyway. I'm pretty sure its the tyres and road conditions :)

Oh you notice any difference with this "lance fast road geo" over stock? as mines setup like standard at the moment

Tim :)

My lance setup I only did after fitting the hsds sadly however it sticks really well now.

I was scared senseless by my old car driving it hard thinking it would step out, but in the dry this setup really grips well.

I'm running toyo's but they're a mid compound tyre and by no means as soft as I'd like.

What sort of Hight are you running at out of interest? And are the hsds all on the same softness all round? Should be softest for a few hundred miles to bed in at first then stiffened up as you please.

The lance settings for reference are:

LamceW geometry

Front:

Camber:-1.0 degrees

Caster:+5.0 degrees

Toe: 0.0mm

Rear:

Camber: -1.5degrees

Toe in (total) 1.0mm

Some struggle to get 5degrees caster on the front depending on ride Hight, so as much caster as possible should help stabilise the front end :)